Unlimited data secret

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those who want unlimited data an own a 4g device if u pay another 30 bucks for a mobile hotspot u will get unlimited data just thought i would let people know since some people are complaining about the tiered data plans which they have every right to complain about

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
So $60/month for unlimited?
I'm glad I still have my unlimited data plan

Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 9

Yeah pretty much i had to go this route since i wasnt grandfathered in

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Edit:
I used this trick to get unlimited data a few months back. FYI- the last thread about this ended in a lock. Mods stated it was borderline gray area violation of the VZ TOS. One of the big android sites posted this as well. VZ responded by saying they would be auditing recent account changes and undoing this little loophole. Never saw anyone post who actually had their data reset.

I was not aware of this.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Last edited:

zirkdog

Reaction score
I used this trick to get unlimited data a few months back. FYI- the last thread about this ended in a lock. Mods stated it was borderline gray area violation of the VZ TOS. One of the big android sites posted this as well. VZ responded by saying they would be auditing recent account changes and undoing this little loophole. Never saw anyone post who actually had their data reset.

Last edited:

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Hmm.. I bought my maxx 2 weeks ago and I have unlimited. I asked about the $30 hotspot feature and whether or not unlimited would be applied to it, but they said it would not and that I could only get 2gig/month. Am I misunderstanding this post?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Worked for me & it is still in place after cancelling the hotspot.
I only needed the hotspot for the long weekend while we were out of town.
I turn the hot spot on & off as I need it & the pricing is prorated by the day it is actually on.
Of course if you only need access for 1 computer the usb tethering is free on the Bionic.

cybric

Reaction score
I dropped the mobile hotspot feature too. Kept the unlimited data and use fox fi for hotspot.