Purchasing Bionic at Costco, Kept unlimited Data?

Pleirosei

Reaction score
Hello. I am wondering how many people here, who were on unlimited data plans, got to keep their unlimited data plans when they upgraded to the bionic at Costco? Any at all?

brandonsmash

Reaction score
I did, but I had to specify at purchase that I wanted to keep my existing data plan -- the sales guy was going to roll me into a 2GB before I stopped him.

OP
P

Pleirosei

Reaction score
I did, but I had to specify at purchase that I wanted to keep my existing data plan -- the sales guy was going to roll me into a 2GB before I stopped him.

Ok excellent

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

AdamDX

Reaction score
Pretty sure you can keep it. I bought my Droid x at Walmart and got the unlimited plan then switched to iPhone then upgraded to bionic on the Verizon website and kept my unlimited data the whole time. 4G + unlimited data = 36gb used this bill cycle with 2 days left.View attachment 42232

wrxwally

Reaction score
Hello. I am wondering how many people here, who were on unlimited data plans, got to keep their unlimited data plans when they upgraded to the bionic at Costco? Any at all?

I got my bionic at costco 9/8/11 and my unlimited transfered no problem. And I sure am glad it did, those data plans are expensive.

xmguy

Reaction score
I have unlimited data. Would not have bought the Bionic (on release date) if I had not been grandfathered in. I don't use more than 2 GBs per month. But I like knowing it's not capped. (No I don't tether). Got mine direct from Verizon though.

View attachment 42235

Last edited:
OP
P

Pleirosei

Reaction score
I got my bionic at costco 9/8/11 and my unlimited transfered no problem. And I sure am glad it did, those data plans are expensive.

Understood man. Um thinking about getting the Nexus at Costco when it comes out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jlk316

Reaction score
I have had the of DROID, the x, and now the bionic and am still in my altell smartphone plan that is unlimited.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

RCKT82

Reaction score
Rolled over to the unlimited plan with Costco and tacked on unlimited hotspot/eathering too. I got rid of my home internet and set a media bridge to stream my data connect to my Netflix and hulu enabled TV. I consistenly see 14mb minimum download at the slowest at my house. Added bonus, I had a minor issue with my first bionic and returned it last week no problem after buying it on Sept 8th, they gave me a new one fresh from the box, plus an extra $50 in my pocket because of the new sale price. And swapped out my case and old screen protectors with brand new ones. Couldn't do that at the Verizon store!!!

electriclarryland

Reaction score
I used my upgrade to get the Bionic at Costco the week it came out and my unlimited data plan has stayed the same. I also got the package with the standard & car docks and the spare battery, which was a great deal for me.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Just say it! You are a data hog! The recent lock down on unlimited data by carriers was sole caused by you!!!!!
You did this to us!

I cant use more that 5 gigs. They are making $$ on me with the unlimited data.

Veganlady

Reaction score
I got that deal in the day i became eligible for an upgrade. I love the accessory bundle. My plan did not change a bit.

OP
P

Pleirosei

Reaction score
I got that deal in the day i became eligible for an upgrade. I love the accessory bundle. My plan did not change a bit.

Thanks man. I plan on going there for my upgrade. Do you get the loyalty vzw discount there too ?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk