Will Bionic Be Released Before Verizon Switdches To Tiered Data Plan?

pattikate

Reaction score
What's everyone's best guesstimate on this: Do you think the Bionic will come out BEFORE Verizon introduces the tiered 4G data plan? (Meaning people can upgrade from their old 3G phone to the Bionic with an unlimited plan still in effect). Or, do you think the release of the Bionic will coincide with the new tiered pricing?

Last edited:

JockoJR0811

Reaction score
If verizon is smart, they wouldnt dump the unlimited plan....the bionic is only there second phone on LTE and 4g hasnt been spread out to far out of major city's....if they do switch it before the bionic comes out....I would be very hestitant to get a new contract with verizonhttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/dancingDroid.gif

OP
P

pattikate

Reaction score
Last edited:

Vito.a

Reaction score
The reason for tiered plans is to prevent system saturation. Virgin Mobile just recently put a limit of 5gb on their unlimited data plan. Verizon 4G is still new with very few users. The Thunderbolt is the only 4G phone currently available.

I would guess we have at least a year before we will see any speed brakes from Verizon. The folks jumping on the Thunderbolt now will have a guaranteed 2yr unlimited plan. The smart folks will start a 2 year contract just before Verizon starts the tiered plans. Just need to know when!

billyk

Reaction score
Good points above.

With 5 unlimited lines, there's no way I am paying more for data. I'll continue to monitor the situation and will bail to whatever 4G handset is available prior to tiered plans.

I honestly don't think they will tier too soon, as so much of the US isn't covered by 4G. As the posters said above, I think it'll take a while. I think the Bionic should be in the clear.

djbrent2

Reaction score
it's probably in the link posted, but if there was a tiered plan then it's only for new accounts. if you're paying 30 now, then you're paying 30 later.

dafischman

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. No one knows right know how they will handle it, however it is likely that you will be forced into the new tiered plans if you don't have a 4G plan prior to the change when you upgrade to a 4G phone. That's why many are concerned about getting on a 4G contract before the switch.

Josh

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JRL1164

Reaction score
What about the grandfathered in clause?

Sent from my Droid A855 using Droid Forum.