Just got a Droid yesterday.

iswtazni

Reaction score
Hi - I used to have a samsung a990 for nearly 4 years. Loved it. It finally fell apart, and after being without a phone for nearly a week.... (was trying to decide whether to renew my contract), I broke down and got a Droid.

I'm trying to adjust to this new format.... and the whole text message thing. I like the features. Haven't gone through it all yet, but I just want to figure out how to use my contact list! How do I text to my contact list without having to put in the numbers? (I would put in contact names, and nothing). How do I make a call from my contact list?

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! to get to the contacts (guessing you still have the stock home screen), click on the phone app and contacts will be the 3rd tab on the top. from here you can add a contact (menu key) or make a call (just click on the persons name you want to call) and viola! its magic (no just kidding its just a droid) :)

OP
I

iswtazni

Reaction score
... lol, thanx. I figured that part out. Didn't realize it was like buying a new computer, and having to add applications. :)

I just installed Handcent. But I still dont understand why I can't get my contacts to list when I want to send a text message. (Most of the numbers are mobile numbers).

Seriously, how do call someone on my contacts?