New Verizon Droid user, former BB user

gdunham

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting the hang of the droid but I have questions about contacts. Verizon migrated my bb contacts (300) to a folder named all contacts but I can't search the list or add new contacts without having there number in my call log. Any one else have this issue?

Thanks

Greg

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wecome Aboard

If you import your contacts into gmail they all will show up in your phone.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, I am getting the hang of the droid but I have questions about contacts. Verizon migrated my bb contacts (300) to a folder named all contacts but I can't search the list or add new contacts without having there number in my call log. Any one else have this issue?

Thanks

Greg

Welcome, Greg! Glad to have you with us!

Have you tried exporting your Contacts to GMail and sync it from there? I don't use it but others have had great success with it.

Make yourself at home and jump right in! Everyone is here to help and learn! Reading the threads on the forum will only increase how much you enjoy that new Droid! The possibilities for customization are endless!

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

:welcome:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Not sure if this is the problem but it can't hurt. Open contacts, tap menu, tap display options. Is the box check for "only contacts with phones" ? I realize you indicated call log but .

Mike

OP
G

gdunham

Reaction score
to my surprise, the 'all contacts' folder sync'd to the contacts area in gmail and there was a button to 'add to my contacts'. A lot was going on during the buy 1 get 1 purchase w/ my wife and maybe I missed the instructions or the guy didn't know it would happen but it all worked out.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the god thing is your issue is resolved.

Mike

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to my surprise, the 'all contacts' folder sync'd to the contacts area in gmail and there was a button to 'add to my contacts'. A lot was going on during the buy 1 get 1 purchase w/ my wife and maybe I missed the instructions or the guy didn't know it would happen but it all worked out.

It's always nice when a plan comes together... by design or by chance!