Contacts

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Just got my Droid yesterday and noticed that it had imported my entire list of contacts from my Google contacts list. After deleting several hundred seldom or totally unused contacts on my desktop from Google, I would like to update my Droid Contacts without having to manually delete items. Does anyone know a way to do this? All help is appreciated.

RoadRunner

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got my Droid yesterday and noticed that it had imported my entire list of contacts from my Google contacts list. After deleting several hundred seldom or totally unused contacts on my desktop from Google, I would like to update my Droid Contacts without having to manually delete items. Does anyone know a way to do this? All help is appreciated.

RoadRunner
Hello and Welcome to DroidForums.

You Droid syncs contacts with Google... so if you've gone through all your Google contacts on your PC, the changes you've made should be reflected on your Droid.

Damien

Reaction score
There is also a location in your droid to specify exactly what sync's with your phone... if only i could remember exactly how to get there..

-Damien

OP
RoadRunner

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Thanks. It appears that you are right. Contacts seems to have sync'd just fine.:)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: both to the forum and to the future (i.e. the 'clouds'). Google has a LONG way to go with a lot of things (contact management being one of them) but once you get used to it you'll find various methods and work arounds that will let you get by until they figure out what their doing.

Keep in mind that EVERY address you send or receive an email from will get recorded/added to your contacts. So if you get or send a lot of misc emails just get in the habit of going through and deleting them every now and then (for some reason Google has disabled the ability to turn this "feature" off....).

Last edited: