Got my droid in the mail yesterday!!!

romanrish

Reaction score
I Got my phone yesterday. Tirelessly checking the tracking on it for the eternity of two days.

Got it... loaded about 50 apps (I did my research on the before the phone came).

Dissapointed that I just got the phone and had to wait on the update, but then I got the notification sometime this mornin. For some reason post update wiped out my contacts.

zegolf

Reaction score
I Got my phone yesterday. Tirelessly checking the tracking on it for the eternity of two days.

Got it... loaded about 50 apps (I did my research on the before the phone came).

Dissapointed that I just got the phone and had to wait on the update, but then I got the notification sometime this mornin. For some reason post update wiped out my contacts.

Congrats on your purchase! It's a wonderful thing.

Also, be thankful you got the update! Had my Droid since last Thursday and still haven't received my update.

OP
R

romanrish

Reaction score
Yeah still not sure what happened to my contacts though. For some reason the name are still in my call log, but not on my contacts tab. And if I go to favorites the only ones that are in there are ones that had called me in my call log. This is very frustrating.

zegolf

Reaction score
Yeah still not sure what happened to my contacts though. For some reason the name are still in my call log, but not on my contacts tab. And if I go to favorites the only ones that are in there are ones that had called me in my call log. This is very frustrating.

Have you tried restarting the phone? If you're using GMail for contact management, they should all auto-sync.

OP
R

romanrish

Reaction score
Yeah I could still use the contacts when I was keying text, and emails. For some reason I couldn't scroll through them in contacts. I messed around for a while and realized that they were in there, but for some reason the update had set them all not to display.

I simply went into the setting of the contacts and realized it wasn't set to display any of the contacts. Just clicked the buttons back on and it was done.

Maybe I should post this somewhere else in case this happens to someone else. No matter how many times I synced nothing changed.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid, and sure glad you were able to figure out your contacts issue. I've read of others having similar problems...sounds like it was an easy fix.