1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Juicy New Leaked Pic and Customization Details of the Moto X

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jul 12, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

It looks like Googorola is using the power of trickling leaks as free advertising. The latest is another pic of the device in the wild. This one looks just like the white we witnessed in Eric Schmidt's hands this morning. This shot is a bit more of a closeup though and really gives a great look at the device's shape and materials.

As it turns out, the previous intel about customizable materials is true. Taylor Wimberly shared this pic, and along with it he shared that the Moto X will have a good variety of different materials choices for folks who want to order one of the customized versions. Here's a quote from his Google+ page with the details,

Besides the interesting listing of exotic materials, it's interesting to note that each carrier could have their own "exclusive" customization option. Which one of these materials sounds most appealing to you?

Source: Google+ - Taylor Wimberly
  2. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Wood? Sounds interesting but also weird as hell
  3. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was going to post. lol
    Wood sounds pretty damn cool.
  4. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

Brushed Titanium would be nice as long as it didnt interfere with the signal. I have a thing for titanium right now for some reason.

Ceramic seems like it would be very....breakable.
  5. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

They're bringing back the old school phone idea with new tech. I used to have a wood face on my Nokia MANY moons ago...

View attachment 64685

It used to be that you'd buy the phone and there was a MASSIVE aftermarket for personalized options.
    The phone skin, button pads, antennae types, all of it. You could just pluck the actual cover off of the phone and buy the exterior bits and pieces and snap them on. Unless you purchased terrible quality parts it still had the "factory" feel. So, I guess they offer the bones & guts and you provide/pick the skin.

Interesting. We'll see what happens.
  6. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator Staff Member

Not feeling these genius ideas one bit.. To each their own.. Good luck Moto! I won't be supporting...

N2 Tap'd
  7. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

As long as the kevlar is an option.....
  8. jkaod

jkaod New Member

Ditto.
  9. jspradling7

jspradling7 Active Member

I'm very happy to see Moto try something less... squarish. I don't use robot pinchers to pick up a phone, give me a little bit of rounded corners and curves and I'll enjoy using the phone more than holding the flat end of a spatula. The volume button is still on the wrong side though. : )
  10. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

i think the volume button is easier to operate with a thumb if you're right handed, so it'll take getting used to but better in the end.
  11. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

I would think that Google would still be looking to release non-carrier specific devices in an effort to allow unlocked bootloaders without Verizon or any other carrier having a say in the matter. Google seems to favor the lowly and intrepid developers who endeavor to really get into the guts of a phone, customize the **** out of it, and squeeze out every drop of performance so the device can achieve its true potential.
  12. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

The problem is Verizon wants control of the phones on their network. I don't see any unlocked Verizon phones coming in the near future from Google.
  13. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

Who doesn't have a thing for Titanium?

Perhaps because Titanium is as strong as Stainless Steel but only as light as aluminum?

I worked with Titanium and it's amazing stuff. To machine it you must use super sharp super hard tooling with a constant flush of coolant.
    We made small high pressure tanks and when they were being cut on the lather they howled in an upper harmonic that made your teeth vibrate!

To weld it you need some sort of purge gas (Argon) or electron beam welding in a hard vacuum. It forms oxides so fast you can't weld it in air, or at least not easily.
    I had a chunk and just loved playing with it.
Search tags for this page

moto x