Juat @ VZW Triwd Incredible & 100% keeping my Droid

Lynx

Reaction score
Just @ VZW Store. Tried Incredible. 100% keeping my Droid.

I consider myself an adept power user of my Motor Droid. No I am not a root user. I use my Droid about 4-5 hr's a day and run a successfu business only using my Droid.

These are my initial impressions and only mine If you have not had the experience of using the Incredible do not criticise my initial impression.

As follows:

Pros: The camera on the HTCI makes using the Motor Droid seem like a 2MP camera from years ago. It s simply Incredible. Colors pop out in a way that makes you feel as though you have a DSLR in your hands.

FM radio is cool but you must have headphones plugged in.

Screen swapping is a Tad faster and 7 of themcould be very handy.

To me that's where it ends.

Cons:

Coming from Motor Droid the outside and menu key's are set up differently. Seemingly not a big issue but it plain stinks. As a right handed user using 1 hand 90% of the time it stinks. Period.

Having to use the headphones to listen to the radio as I do in bed at night is simply ridiculous, if not totally impractical.

The feel is less than OK. Small, lightweight, nexpensive, and really not a good feel at all in the hand.

Unless you plan to use the phone w/ the battery cover off the "Ferrari Red" colors are essentially not noticeable. Don't plan on the chicks staring at not noticeable as seemingly reported as important in many blogs/discussions. Don't plan on the chicks staring at you with that Droid lust some expect OVERALL:::::

If you are a current Droid user, your upgrade, if pre-ordered, you may find yourself wishing you played with the HTCI first.

Side by side action showed a slight edge to the HTCI.

Camera on HTCI simply rocks and makes theMotor Droid seem useless.

Play with the new critter before switching if your a current Droid user. Newbees will wet themselves coming from anything to the Droid operating system.

Cheers and I hope in some small way you will find it imperitive to test it out before switching from the original.

Ok so lemme get this straight. Because you have to listen to headphones at night (something you already do) to listen to the radio in bed, its a terrible phone? And then you have the key placement. Well coming from a BB to a Droid the key placement was different, did I not get my Droid because of it? It will take literally 1 hour to get use to if that. What you failed to mention was the vastly better UI (Sense), 7 screens for those who use stock on both, a 1GHz processor, 8GB built in memory, AMOLED screen, etc etc.

newandroiduser

Reaction score
Well OP is entitled to their personal opinions. For new android users its a great phone. But compared to the Droid even if exactly the same price the situation gets alot more confusing. All the online reviews seem to be praising this phone highly, too the point of being overhyped. The last time I remember something being this overhyped was Grand Theft Auto 4, where the game got universal acclaim from all of the critics, almost all 10/10, while when the game came out the users didnt really like it at all. I know video games and phones are not the same, but the critical acclaim concept is the same.

The Incredible is a beast under the hood, but it has its share of flaws. Starting with the build, it simply feels like a toy compared to the metallic droid. The phone reception has been regarded as hit or miss, and generally less than the droid. There is no background cancellation like the Droid or the N1, and this has resulted in the Speech to Text being less accurate than the Droid. Battery life is subpar and will require an extended battery to get 1 days of use out of it, while the Droid has just been enough to get through 1 day without needing another battery. AMOLED looks amazing in a room but if its like my Zune HD it will be a nightmare to use outside compared to a traditional LCD.

The physical keyboard debate is a wash since the Incredible uses a newer touchscreen sensor it should be more sensitive in that regard, but the physical keyboard on the droid isnt as horrible as everyone says once its give a few hours.

I am in my 30 day return period for the Droid and was most probably going to trade it for a Incredible before, but I think for my uses the Droid will do more for me. Consumers just need to pick their battles and do their homework on what they want. No phone is perfect, and each person needs something for their uses, and in this age better specs does not always equal better product.

JCo352

Reaction score

I consider myself an adept power user of my Motor Droid. No I am not a root user. I use my Droid about 4-5 hr's a day and run a successfu business only using my Droid.

These are my initial impressions and only mine If you have not had the experience of using the Incredible do not criticise my initial impression.

As follows:

Pros: The camera on the HTCI makes using the Motor Droid seem like a 2MP camera from years ago. It s simply Incredible. Colors pop out in a way that makes you feel as though you have a DSLR in your hands.

Cons:

Coming from Motor Droid the outside and menu key's are set up differently. Seemingly not a big issue but it plain stinks. As a right handed user using 1 hand 90% of the time it stinks. Period.

Having to use the headphones to listen to the radio as I do in bed at night is simply ridiculous, if not totally impractical.

The feel is less than OK. Small, lightweight, nexpensive, and really not a good feel at all in the hand.

Unless you plan to use the phone w/ the battery cover off the "Ferrari Red" colors are essentially not noticeable. Don't plan on the chicks staring at not noticeable as seemingly reported as important in many blogs/discussions. Don't plan on the chicks staring at you with that Droid lust some expect OVERALL:::::

If you are a current Droid user, your upgrade, if pre-ordered, you may find yourself wishing you played with the HTCI first.

Play with the new critter before switching if your a current Droid user. Newbees will wet themselves coming from anything to the Droid operating system.

Cheers and I hope in some small way you will find it imperitive to test it out before switching from the original.

Ok so lemme get this straight. Because you have to listen to headphones at night (something you already do) to listen to the radio in bed, its a terrible phone? And then you have the key placement. Well coming from a BB to a Droid the key placement was different, did I not get my Droid because of it? It will take literally 1 hour to get use to if that. What you failed to mention was the vastly better UI (Sense), 7 screens for those who use stock on both, a 1GHz processor, 8GB built in memory, AMOLED screen, etc etc.

While I agree with your post for the most part. I have to point out that Sense is definitely not a vastly better UI, I have five screens on my Droid(seven if I want them). That 8GB of memory is not for apps(so truthfully out of the box the Droid has more), and the AMOLED screen in the sunlight is not that great. Again, I agree with what your trying to convey in your post, just thought I would throw those points out there.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
No kidding not the Droid 2

Really dude the original rocks so much more than one thinks. Newer is not always better. I am so glad I played with the incredible. I am no less eligible for an upgrade do to an error by a VZW employee, I will still never exchange for free my Droid for the Incredible. LOL.

The original what? You do know this is not the Droid 2....

The original VERIZON Droid. What is so hard to digest here. Who said, me primarily, that this was anything but the original droid, NOT the Incredible?

Lynx

Reaction score

As follows:

Cons:

While I agree with your post for the most part. I have to point out that Sense is definitely not a vastly better UI, I have five screens on my Droid(seven if I want them). That 8GB of memory is not for apps(so truthfully out of the box the Droid has more), and the AMOLED screen in the sunlight is not that great. Again, I agree with what your trying to convey in your post, just thought I would throw those points out there.

Have you ever used Sense UI on a phone for an extended period of time? I think its hands down the best integration on a phone yet (opinion of course). Note on the screens I said for those that use stock. I use Helix launcher so I can have 11 but the point is moot lol.

JCo352

Reaction score

Have you ever used Sense UI on a phone for an extended period of time? I think its hands down the best integration on a phone yet (opinion of course). Note on the screens I said for those that use stock. I use Helix launcher so I can have 11 but the point is moot lol.

Yes I've used Sense for a while, I just don't like it, I am more of a Vanilla Android user myself, I guess to each his own. And Helix is up to 11 screens now? I did not know that lol.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Agree Sense UI

I like Sense UI but for me it not essential. I bet most of those picking and or critising me here about my impresions have to WIKI Sene UI. Am I right. The folks here are not getting my personal review/evaluation at all. Just looking to argue and ridiculous that is.

I would much rather questions pertaining to my actual use of the phone as opposed to their not. Not I am assuming but no Droid User thus far here in this post has any original hands on use suggestions or opinions. Just shamefull crticism. Sry but it is sad and true. Thx mate for your input.

Lynx

Reaction score

Yes I've used Sense for a while, I just don't like it, I am more of a Vanilla Android user myself, I guess to each his own. And Helix is up to 11 screens now? I did not know that lol.

Ya 11 screens, kinda overkill if you ask me lol. But ya to each his own. Personally I like Sense because they have widgets for everything and it integrates well with e-mail and social networking.

Edit: Huh just tried changing my screens to 11 on Helix and now its only showing me 7.... maybe they changed it back lol.

Last edited:
OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Again back to the incredible

Sure it has some positive aspects, MOST notibly the camera, wow is it great. So far beyond Moto Droid.

I would still like some serious input as to why I should "upgrade?"

I really worked that critter over at the store. I just can't justify changing.

If I was a photog I would do it in a second.

I am not and aside from that plz add some legit commments to this post as to the positives, beyong what I call the original Droid. If some folks could really point these out I would be the first in liine.

Again, do to a VZW rep presenting me and as always recorded at VZW, the insane choice that I was eligible for an upgrade and wasn't Droid incredible at no charge, I still cannnot see why I should.

Ideas, suggestions, input welcome. Thx nomadicnut

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to make of this thread, but I think calling people out and name calling is not a place we want to go. Can we avoid that please?

dunamis

Reaction score
I know some people are avid about having a physical keyboard (which is the only thing moto droid has over incredible), but truly having both and now having used the Incredible (I was one of the lucky one's they shipped and received last week) I really don't know anyone that would choose Moto Droid over Incredible as first choice. I have three Moto Droid owners in my family, and everyone will trade in a second. This is my personal opinion having used both on a daily usage. So far, the Incredible truly has been incredible.......

Spinninghorse

Reaction score

Coming from the Moto Q 9c I certainly hope I don't wet myself when I make the switch... :rofl2:

ctxx24

Reaction score
I got to try it out today finally....And it seems way ahead of my droid so much smoother and faster....it felt nice in my hand i cant wait for mine....but dam i wish i could see the red colors also :r_c: