Juat @ VZW Triwd Incredible & 100% keeping my Droid

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
This is absolutely crazy. Swap.. don't swap!!! OMG... the Moto Droid has been out for just over 6 months so what phone will have so many people going crazy 6 months from now!!! It's really simple and basic. If you like what you have, keep it (my wife really likes her Storm 2, but it wouldn't work for me). If you don't get something else. If it's only a matter of having the latest, slickest amd quickest, you'll be in a constant state of upgrading to the next phone until Taiwan becomes the 55th state of the Union and paying a lot of money doing it. The Moto Droid is an incredible phone and still cutting edge. The HTCI is just a bit more incredible in some areas. It's going to be really fun to watch when the iPhone 4G comes out this Summer and is offered by Verizon. Truely then, we will let the games begin!!!

Haha to be quite honest iPhone would be a phone i would be really curious about on Verizon so id probably buy one just to see how that goes lol.

Just curious, are all you guys that plan on switching from the droid to the incredible paying full retail prices? Because that seems nuts to me! The two year price is already high enough lol. I'd live to switch but I'm locked in a contract and not about to pay 600 for a phone!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Nope i'm buying my Incredible at 2yr price.

TNS201

Reaction score
I don't get the 3 downsides the op would really stop you from getting the phone.

1. Can't see the red unless battery cover is off
2. FM radio requires you to use headphones.
3. Different orientation of menu, home, back and search keys.

1. Who really cares, most people will put a case on and you would never notice this.

2. Does this really matter, I mean the DROID doesnt even have a FM radio

3. Its actually good the back button is not on the far left anymore, I pressed it by accident to much, but then again, having the home key probably isnt to good either...

I am looking forward to getting mine tomorrow. I already sold my droid.

All and all what differences are there really in Android OSes. In a nutshell they are mostly the same. Its the addon apps that make your experience different as most times the core apps are the same or very close. I mean I know some features like Live wallpapers can only be used on some of the newer android phones, but all and all they are mostly the same. Its the new hardware features that make one phone better over another.

M

Matth3w

Just curious, are all you guys that plan on switching from the droid to the incredible paying full retail prices? Because that seems nuts to me! The two year price is already high enough lol. I'd live to switch but I'm locked in a contract and not about to pay 600 for a phone!

I always buy mine from eBay without a contract.

TNS201

Reaction score

im paying full price and dont think thats nuts. To each his own.

I paid $529, sold my droid with accessories for $275, so I am paying another $250 + tax, not so bad.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
I knew the manager

How did you get your hands on one in a store? I've tried a couple local VZW stores with no luck at all getting a hands on experience. :huh: I'll get my first feel on Thursday...

I know the guy and he was cool with it.

clue2010

Reaction score
Hell i'm adding a line just to get the HTCI.... I droped my old plan and going under my gf's plan...so its a sweet deal all around. Sold my rooted droid for $400, So I came out ahead $200.. So i'm happy :):icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Hi,, the aniti-christ here. :) I am just thrilled there has been so much debate pertaining to my original post.

One of the most viewed commentaries on the board I see.

To all who found me "ridiculous" or "trivial" in my opion, I hope something of significance has come about.

My only intention was to offer my thoughts, initial impressions, etc.

I am sorry to those I have offended.

Please keep all of us here on the board up to date on your thoughts AFTER you have used the Incredible for a few days.

Again, with legitamate suggestions as I have said before, I will be the first to get one after I read posts with real hands on experiences and thoughts if positive.

Thxs and Cheers from the NomadicNut....

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Hell i'm adding a line just to get the HTCI.... I droped my old plan and going under my gf's plan...so its a sweet deal all around. Sold my rooted droid for $400, So I came out ahead $200.. So i'm happy :):icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't that mean you'd be charged the early termination fee of $350?

Making you down $150?

clue2010

Reaction score
Nope...Contract was up 2 months ago, I have been on month to month.:icon_ banana:

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Nope...Contract was up 2 months ago, I have been on month to month.:icon_ banana:

The Droid came out last November with a 2yr contract... right?

How did you get out of contract 2 months ago? Just curious.

clue2010

Reaction score
I bought my Droid, well traded from a friend that recieved 2 by mistake from verizon. Idk how or why, but I traded my Jailbroke iphone to him for the phone.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I bought my Droid, well traded from a friend that recieved 2 by mistake from verizon. Idk how or why, but I traded my Jailbroke iphone to him for the phone.

So you paid an iPhone for a Droid.

I'm guessing you didn't figure the price of that iPhone into your wonderful equation. You actually netted $200 - worth of iPhone. FYI.

clue2010

Reaction score
Well to clear it up for u, I dont pay for the iphone. Second, it was a first gen iphone.:icon_ banana:

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Well to clear it up for u, I dont pay for the iphone. Second, it was a first gen iphone.:icon_ banana:

There is nothing to clear up. I'm using math and logic.

First gen or not, it cost money. If it was a gift, it still had worth. If you didn't pay for it, someone did.

Not spending your own money on it, doesn't mean it doesn't belong in the equation.

Last edited: