Juat @ VZW Triwd Incredible & 100% keeping my Droid

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Just @ VZW Store. Tried Incredible. 100% keeping my Droid.

I consider myself an adept power user of my Motor Droid. No I am not a root user. I use my Droid about 4-5 hr's a day and run a successfu business only using my Droid.

These are my initial impressions and only mine If you have not had the experience of using the Incredible do not criticise my initial impression.

As follows:

Pros: The camera on the HTCI makes using the Motor Droid seem like a 2MP camera from years ago. It s simply Incredible. Colors pop out in a way that makes you feel as though you have a DSLR in your hands.

FM radio is cool but you must have headphones plugged in.

Screen swapping is a Tad faster and 7 of themcould be very handy.

To me that's where it ends.

Cons:

Coming from Motor Droid the outside and menu key's are set up differently. Seemingly not a big issue but it plain stinks. As a right handed user using 1 hand 90% of the time it stinks. Period.

Having to use the headphones to listen to the radio as I do in bed at night is simply ridiculous, if not totally impractical.

The feel is less than OK. Small, lightweight, nexpensive, and really not a good feel at all in the hand.

Unless you plan to use the phone w/ the battery cover off the "Ferrari Red" colors are essentially not noticeable. Don't plan on the chicks staring at not noticeable as seemingly reported as important in many blogs/discussions. Don't plan on the chicks staring at you with that Droid lust some expect OVERALL:::::

If you are a current Droid user, your upgrade, if pre-ordered, you may find yourself wishing you played with the HTCI first.

Side by side action showed a slight edge to the HTCI.

Camera on HTCI simply rocks and makes theMotor Droid seem useless.

Play with the new critter before switching if your a current Droid user. Newbees will wet themselves coming from anything to the Droid operating system.

Cheers and I hope in some small way you will find it imperitive to test it out before switching from the original.

Last edited:

jpoutre

Reaction score
Phew, I was worried that it would make me less wanting the Incredible. Alas, I don't care that you can't see the red, it's not important to me. Headphones for radio, don't care. So, I am good to go, can't wait to get mine... (not coming from Droid anyways).

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
soeey my post is not so grammaticaly correct

Really dude the original rocks so much more than one thinks. Newer is not always better. I am so glad I played with the incredible. I am no less eligible for an upgrade do to an error by a VZW employee, I will still never exchange for free my Droid for the Incredible. LOL.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum nomadicnut!! thanks very much for your review:D

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Really dude the original rocks so much more than one thinks. Newer is not always better. I am so glad I played with the incredible. I am no less eligible for an upgrade do to an error by a VZW employee, I will still never exchange for free my Droid for the Incredible. LOL.

The original what? You do know this is not the Droid 2....

Mr1986

Reaction score
Phew, I was worried that it would make me less wanting the Incredible. Alas, I don't care that you can't see the red, it's not important to me. Headphones for radio, don't care. So, I am good to go, can't wait to get mine... (not coming from Droid anyways).

+1000....I was like WTF after reading!

hatuma

Reaction score
I'm an iPhone user and a motorola droid user as well, and I'm just a bigger fan of the iPhone. Until that is, I used the Incredible for a few hours. The Incredible is light years faster than the motorola droid and much much more responsive. The OS is lightning fast and the camera on it, is ridiculous. The iPhone definitely has a true competitor from Vzw with the Incredible. In fact I liked it so much, that I already sold my motorola and should have incredible tomorrow!!!!

jpoutre

Reaction score
I posted in text from my note pad and it went bad. Sorry to all the grammatical geniuses out there.

Re-read and be a human.

These are my opinions and that equally of all 7 staff members at VZW.

They are obviosly in a position that they must promote the Incredible, but all agreed it was not Incredible, it was Ridiculous.

Again have you had hands on with it or just criticising me for my valid FIRST HAND evaluation.

Don't be a loser babbler talking piece of "(*&^@#!*&^TPIU:FG0)" nonsense that hasn't even laid a hand on one.

Also don't justify your upgrade / purchase prematurely to anything but your own out of pocket expense at the detriment to your mortgage or kids signing lessons. LOLOLLOL

Your 2 negatives are you can't see the red and headphones for radio and because of that, you (and now all 7 verizon employees) think this is a Ridiculous phone? Ummm, ok. Some of use use the phone for more than the color of the back of it and over the air radio.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
u don't get it. TELL ME WHAT UR UPGRADING FOR????

Tell me droid master. What is the purpose of your upgrade. Plz be serious as you will fool no oone here.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Tell me droid master. What is the purpose of your upgrade. Plz be serious as you will fool no oone here.

Don't be *****, he asked a legitimate question. The only problem you stated was that there wasn't enough visible red and that the headphone setup for the FM radio wasn't good. What else is wrong with it? Because it sure looks like those were the only complaints you found.

Edit: and the button placement was different. Its a new phone, I hope they changed some things.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Thx JCo352 I have corrected intial post grammatically

People stop hating on the guy for bad grammar, he is just stating his opinion. Some people's strong points are not grammar, he might do something else better than you, no reason to down his opinion.

Thx dude as others seemingly did not get it for what is was worth. So many are so quick to judge and degrade others. I bet they have'nt even seen or touched the Incredible. Cheers.

OP
nomadicnut

nomadicnut

Reaction score
Plz explain Droid Master

What is your intentions for upgrading. Do you even know first hand what you are getting or must you simply have the best. A joke mate. LOL

jpoutre

Reaction score

Well, it's not to get girls (it's a secret but there are other ways) and not for a radio.

My reason for the upgrade? To get my first smartphone. I tried the droid's keyboard and could not use it and from seeing all the reviews and videos (taking in the pros and cons), the incredible seems like my best choice.

I think it's silly to condemn a phone for the color and a feature that is very insignificant to it's primary and even secondary use. And funny you mention 7 other VZN employees, which I don't really find believable to be honest.

I know no phone is for everyone, but really , did you read your message on here again?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Bad grammar, bad review...

Epic Fail...

But hey, its important to know you can't get the chicks with this phone because of the red not showing. ROFL

What makes you want the incredible over the $19.99 plan of the original at Amazon.com.

What are you getting for the $199 you are about to spend? Explain mighty one. OR are you just blowing wind.
Exactly why are you getting so defensive about this? And what in the world are you talking about with some $19.99 plan?

I'm upgrading from a Windows Mobile Phone. And Imagio to be exact. I don't like the Droid because I absolutely hate physical keyboards. As far as FM Radio, want to know the last time I used the FM on my Imagio? How about never. That's what MP3's and Bluetooth headphones are for. The processor on the Incredible? Ten times over better than the Imagio and I can guarantee now won't require the constant resets of the phone because Windows Mobile garbage is constantly bulking up and locking down.

The camera? Far superior to my Imagio. As well as the video. Applications? How many are on Windows compared to Android?

Response time for the phone and its operations? See above on constantly resetting the Imagio to the Incredible.

Does that justify upgrading enough to you? I don't have to worry about picking up girls as I've been married for more than fifteen years and have a four year old son.

Further, I'm waiting to hear why this business you run from you phone can't be done on the Incredible. You brought that up.

jpoutre

Reaction score
Bad grammar, bad review...

Epic Fail...

But hey, its important to know you can't get the chicks with this phone because of the red not showing. ROFL

What makes you want the incredible over the $19.99 plan of the original at Amazon.com.

What are you getting for the $199 you are about to spend? Explain mighty one. OR are you just blowing wind.

$199? I would not spend that much. Ummm, and why would I want the Inc over the droid? Droid has a horrible unusable keyboard "for me". And the Inc is faster per alot of people.

This is pretty hard for you huh? Why are you so defensive that someone might not want the droid? Do you have issues where you must have people agree with you?

(I am guessing now that you are simply trolling for attention). Guess I am the feeder.