JB Rooted But SQLite Not Working (WiFi Hack)

Agrajag

Reaction score
I just got the update and it all seems to be working great. The one issue is that I wanted to get hotspot going via the sqlite editor app (which I bought when I bought this phone around launch). After reboot Voodoo, Titanium, Root Explorer, Nova, Apex and others have all requested and gotten root access.

However, when I go to get the hack going sqlite runs but never requests superuser access. As a result (I think) under Settings Storage I have no databases to edit.

Any ideas?

Krenzy

Reaction score
Mine worked after a reboot. Immediately after the upgrade it didn't, but after a reboot it was golden.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
No luck for me at all. I've tried everything since getting the update and sqlite simply will not request root. I see NO databases from any app let alone one for hotspot. SuperUser shows it's not asking for root.

Anyone have any ideas short of another re-install? The only thing I can think of is that I didn't unroot before updating and I have root afterwords. I can't imagine that being the issue but then again, maybe. If you're not sure please don't say I need to re-install the update.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
Thanks.

I noticed a couple things. First, the Droid in the Razr_Blade video boots twice as fast as mine. Need to find out what that's about. Second, his Root Checker app instantly showed root while mine complained that the system was running very slowly and initially showed no root. I checked again, it again requested root and then gave me the Congratulations message. To be sure I rebooted again. Still gave me the slow message but showed me rooted.

Everything working now..... Phew.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Awesome!

I noticed his rapid reboot speed as well. I figured my widgets account for some of my slow boot.
If you find a secret leg us know.

OP
A

Agrajag

Reaction score
The only remnant I have is the old Superuser app (instead of the new SuperSU) that I can't seem to find a way to remove. Minor annoyance. I'll get it sooner or later.