Can anyone confirm free hotspot after root and sqlite hack?

jerkwad

Reaction score
I was hoping someone in here might no why I am not able to pull an IP address from the phone when using this setup...anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Verizon keeps telling me I have the mobile hotspot feature enabled and it shows it on my account too, but yet the app refuses to work, so i am trying this 'hack' instead. Grrr!

remeikle

Reaction score
I had same problem and a savvy tech from verizon suggested I have an open browser on my phone before I launch hot spot - that seem to fix the problem

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mb68

Reaction score
I downloaded a app voodoo ota.It aloud me to update my razr and not screw with my root; mobile hot spot works great along with other app I'm running.
Got all the info from droidrazrroot.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
I tested this on my PS3 this morning and had zero problems connecting and playing online for an hour :)

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

packfan

Reaction score
I rooted just a few hours ago and trying to get the hot spot to work. Im not to keen on downloading a bunch of stuff to my pc so if that can be avoided that would be the best route. I am using barnacle_latest now and it only allows me to tether to my PC. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I rooted just a few hours ago and trying to get the hot spot to work. Im not to keen on downloading a bunch of stuff to my pc so if that can be avoided that would be the best route. I am using barnacle_latest now and it only allows me to tether to my PC. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

I got a wifi tether beta 9 or 10 I can't remember but I downloaded it from the XDA forum site

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR

OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score

You should do the hack for the mobile hotspot. That way nothing has to be downloaded onto your computer and its free