Can anyone confirm free hotspot after root and sqlite hack?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Sorry but where do I go to set that?

On the device your tethering with. If it's a PC then right click the wireless adapter and hit properties then double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Manually set up the IP address, DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4).. etc.. etc

spyder560

Reaction score
On the device your tethering with. If it's a PC then right click the wireless adapter and hit properties then double click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Manually set up the IP address, DNS (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4).. etc.. etc

ah ok, but I primarily use my tablet so is there something I need to configure with that?

jtpowell

Reaction score
Where exactly is this sql file located? Can I get to it with the RAZR connected via USB using Windows Explorer?
I gave the location of the file in the previous post but here it is again com.motorola.android.providers.[COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]settings[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] in /data/data
You probably can not see /data/data from your explorer and you can not see it unless you're rooted. I've already purchased sql lite tools for my desktop so wasn't going to do it again just for one thing on the phone for a feature I rarely used. Anyways I copied to sdcard location, mounted, edited, dismounted, then copied back to the location in data/data That also left me with an original clean copy of the file to inspect at my leisure or in case it no worky.

OP
E

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Does this method continue to work after you unroot?

I was wondering the same because when I updated it unrooted me but when I rerooted and check the value it was still 0 and didn't change. So I'm thinking once you do it then its don't but I'm not positive

hireman

Reaction score
Works perfect for me. Had my three boys on it at once with ipod touch and android tablets and they were loving it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums