jb is amazing! your thoughts?

m3scott

Reaction score
OTA Rootkeeper seems to have kept root for me, but that doesn't help you much.

Use the link in my post to the XDA Developers thread. Deep in there somewhere others have had the same problem, and several reported success in manually restoring root. They post their steps. Good Luck!

jssmith76

Reaction score
How do I use OTA Rootkeeper to backup or keep root? Please excuse me, I am slow. .

Install OTA Rootkeeper while still on ICS. Open program, I believe swipe to left. You'll see a few boxes with check marks, and a box below that says "run rootkeeper" or "backup root". Hit that, let it run, and you'll notice all boxes become checked.

Now install JB.

After JB is done installing and doing all its little initializations, open up OTA Rootkeeper. Swipe towards left, you'll see some of the boxes checked. Underneath will be the box that says "restore root" or something like that. Click that, let it run for a few seconds, more checkmarks will appear, and you'll have your new JB phone rooted. Nice and easy. :)

sk102704

Reaction score
before jelly bean my Bluetooth and tether worked for freeeee and not it doesn't. outstanding...apparently these are items you have to pay to use and I wish I had not updated my phone. I am not using easy tether pro which works...not overly impressed at this point with jb.

Try Foxfi. It should let you tether for free. It was just updated to support Motorola jb devices.

fyrmd

Reaction score
OTA Rootkeeper did not work for me, update went fine but I lost root. Has anyone rooted this yet, I would like to restore my old stuff.

Thanks

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Lapdock still working? Hotspot?

I'm interested in knowing if the Webdock or lapdock still works. I'm also concerned that if I update to JB I'll lose the ability to use the wifi hotspot. I've gotten so attached to these features that I won't be happy without them. Can those that have JB comment on these two features particularly? Do they work for you? Thanks!

UPDATE: I couldn't wait any longer to try JB. The OTA update wouldn't install so I had to reinstall 246 for stock ICS. I rooted and tried OTARootkeeper to maintain root. Then the OTA update installed just fine. I didn't maintain root though. I used the method posted on this site to root and it worked great! Now, I'm rooted on JB and so far everything works, including wifi hotspot and my lap dock. So I'm very happy! My phone was really working the best ever and I was afraid to mess with it. I hope I can get by with it until Verizon comes to their senses and allows us to keep our unlimited data plans! Yeah, like that's ever going to happen! Hey, a girl can dream...

linuxgator

Reaction score
I'm interested in knowing if the Webdock or lapdock still works. I'm also concerned that if I update to JB I'll lose the ability to use the wifi hotspot. I've gotten so attached to these features that I won't be happy without them. Can those that have JB comment on these two features particularly? Do they work for you? Thanks!

I don't physically have a webdock or lapdock, but I plugged in an HDMI cable and Webtop still works just as it did with ICS. The phone also responds when docked to the standard dock and the car dock.

jkensing

Reaction score
The lapdock works great. JB handles the lapdock very smoothly. I really like the update overall but the snappy response with the lapdock is worth the upgrade by itself.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
The lapdock works great. JB handles the lapdock very smoothly. I really like the update overall but the snappy response with the lapdock is worth the upgrade by itself.

I agree , the lap dock works a lot smoother. The cursor is bigger as well which helps a lot. The transition from open to close is faster as well.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I agree , the lap dock works a lot smoother. The cursor is bigger as well which helps a lot. The transition from open to close is faster as well.

Is the volume issue fixed cause that is my biggest problem I use it so my three year old can watch chuggington Bob the builder etc and either its silent or blasting loud

cybric

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend doing a hard reset before the update?

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Is the volume issue fixed cause that is my biggest problem I use it so my three year old can watch chuggington Bob the builder etc and either its silent or blasting loud

I want to say that it is. I didn't do much with sound on mine last night I meant to check it right away but didn't. To help that as is though, after you dock your phone and open the dock, go to settings-sound, instead of HDMI audio, select PHONE SPEAKER, you can adjust volume from the keyboard then. You have to change it every time you open the lapdock though. Kind of a pain. Ill check tonight and let you know.

cybric

Reaction score
Thanks. I hate to reload the apps but it won't be the first time. Lol

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
I want to say that it is. I didn't do much with sound on mine last night I meant to check it right away but didn't. To help that as is though, after you dock your phone and open the dock, go to settings-sound, instead of HDMI audio, select PHONE SPEAKER, you can adjust volume from the keyboard then. You have to change it every time you open the lapdock though. Kind of a pain. Ill check tonight and let you know.

Thanks man