Safestrap not working with JB update.

kac8866

Reaction score
I took the JB update and saved root with voodoo. I reinstalled safestrap 3.11 but the application will not open. Any thoughts?

deduct

Reaction score
Safe strap 3.11 works with jellybean. Are you sure you are still rooted? Download root checker from play and run it to make sure. I also used ota rootkepper to retain root but it did not work for me personally.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Also, have you tried uninstalling safestrap and reinstalling the app before running it? I didn't have to on mine, but it may help you. Also, there's a quirk floating around where some people end up with root only semi-installed. It will claim that it's installed but won't actually work. There's a workaround for getting it back, but you'll have to look for it since I don't recall where it was that I saw it.

deduct

Reaction score
The procedure to gain root back is found here. I have not done it yet myself. So I personally cannot confirm that it works.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2235946&page=28

OP
kac8866

kac8866

Reaction score
Looks like the semi install happened to me. And that work around is for unlocked bootloaders. Guess I'm waiting for a rooting method to come along.

crmcsh01

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to mine and was able to get it rooted. You just need root (#) through adb shell and you will be fine. Read this thread, I followed [Q] Lost Root After Jelly Bean OTA Update - xda-developers, there are instructions on page 2, but I had to go a little further to get mine fully working (My post #24 in the same thread). You may want to try this rather than wait for an exploit because it could be a while or not happen at all from what I have been reading.