jb is amazing! your thoughts?

92ehatch

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I think most people who looked into this update before hand knew it wasn't gonna change the UI and it's been said for a while that JB was really more of an enhancement to ICS then a new OS Google Now was the big thing. So far so good like the expanded notifications and Google now think those are great additions. Only trouble I am having is opening up my Chrome Browser....it opens then shuts down right away maybe just need to restart my phone but besides that it's all good. Also probably needs time for the system to sink in a bit but battery life looks a little worst we shall see....

Anyways happy we got JB because the future of this phone looked extremely bleak at this time last year (the history of this phone has been a rollercoaster). I don't have an upgrade til October (if that still stands) so this will tie me over until then and most likely beyond

Update chrome in three play store it will fix that

jhom

Reaction score
Unfortunately, JB has removed the FM radio capability. It is a shame. The FM radio was one of the unique features of the Bionic. Hopefully, someone can get it going again.

Dolly

Reaction score
I see a few cosmetic changes, but that's about it. ICS was a much bigger change in my view.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
I see a few cosmetic changes, but that's about it. ICS was a much bigger change in my view.

I agree, but I always like updates and enhancements to my current OS's except Windows Millennium. Lol

rcblate

Reaction score
All I can say is, if a 2 year old device runs this smoothly on jb, the newer ones must really kick ass! Maybe there will not be a trip to the iside of the force!
May jb be with you!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

rcblate

Reaction score
I-side of the force

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Zregnier

Reaction score
Battery life noticeably worse, and Smart Actions not working all the time. Motorola couldn't even get the color right on the battery icon! *facepalm

mattjenn

Reaction score
Battery life noticeably worse, and Smart Actions not working all the time. Motorola couldn't even get the color right on the battery icon! *facepalm

In my opinion I would have to disagree on battery life. With standard battery I never make it less then 8 hours now with very heavy use calls, text, email, Spotify YouTube when I use extended I've yet to get it below 50% in one day. With ics I could kill extended in about 10 hours.

vitgintamr

Reaction score
Battery life after my update is sucking the battery down faster than usual. Didn't even use my phone all morning and by one pm, I had 5% left. Seems like after every update with this phone, the battery last less and less and needs constant recharging.

mattjenn

Reaction score
Battery life after my update is sucking the battery down faster than usual. Didn't even use my phone all morning and by one pm, I had 5% left. Seems like after every update with this phone, the battery last less and less and needs constant recharging.

Have you booted into recovery and wiped cache? How long have you had update it usually takes 2-3 days for a new os to settle in. also try going into maps and lock GPS location

vitgintamr

Reaction score
Have you booted into recovery and wiped cache? How long have you had update it usually takes 2-3 days for a new os to settle in. also try going into maps and lock GPS location

I've not done anything to mine or my wives phone. Her's is experiencing the same poor battery life. We both updated yesterday morning. Mine has always been a little worse than hers but I attributed it to using touchdown for company emails.

I've never heard of it taking software time to settle in but have seen several people say that after this update. Can someone elaborate on this more?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Wassup forum... Old time Droid tweaker here back from the dead... Couldn't believe when I saw this pop up on my Bionic last night :biggrin:

After some reading this morning , I'm taking the plunge now ... Install is running as I type this :icon_ lala:

Hoping for the best but I'm just happy to see the Bionic still getting some love... I've moved on to the Nexus 7 for all my rooting and ROMing when I need a tweaker fix... So I'll be happy to be on JB and hoping for a basically smooth update...

So how you guys been doing up in here?? Any of the original crew still here? This might just be the thing to bring me back around the forum for awhile... Good to see a buzz around the Bichronic again... I mean look at this thread just a few days old and almost ten pages long already... Pretty cool stuff :happy3:

atlrus

Reaction score
I've never heard of it taking software time to settle in but have seen several people say that after this update. Can someone elaborate on this more?

There is no such animal, just people repeating a misunderstanding. Software doesn't need "time to settle", you are not marinating steaks, lol.
2+2=4 and no matter how long you wait, it won't change. "Settling" only works if a program is using averages, for example, an average battery usage will be different if measured over a week vs over a month.

The battery on my stock Bionic also lasts noticeably less after the update, so you are not alone. Unfortunately this is also the most noticeable difference, thus I would've been better off without the update.

mattjenn

Reaction score
There is no such animal, just people repeating a misunderstanding. Software doesn't need "time to settle", you are not marinating steaks, lol.
2+2=4 and no matter how long you wait, it won't change. "Settling" only works if a program is using averages, for example, an average battery usage will be different if measured over a week vs over a month.

The battery on my stock Bionic also lasts noticeably less after the update, so you are not alone. Unfortunately this is also the most noticeable difference, thus I would've been better off without the update.

And I suppose you know this because your a developer? Have you never read developer notes like when flashing ROMs? Have you never read about different OS processing and optimization of app data, cache, and media files? That's why its better to do a factory reset and wipe all memory technically after updates so you don't have to deal with this stuff. I have 5 android phones I follow directions and never have issues after updates its people who don't listen read and educate that ***** about stuff not working properly. I'm not always 100% correct but I can tell you I've done my homework for every update on every phone and I haven't ever had a problem in over 2 years on stock or custom ROMs. If you don't like peoples advice then move on do what you want and deal with it.