I've got a dirty droid..Unclean ESN. What can be done?

droidedin

Reaction score
OK, so I have a friend who found a Droid 1 phone. He tried to activate it, but it came back with an unclean ESN. Is there any way to get around this, and be able to use the phone as something other than a fancy calculator?

**UPDATE**
I took the phone to the local Corporate Verizon store last night, and the guy I spoke with didn't seem too confident that the phone would actually be returned to the owner. He indicated that it would be restocked and used a refurb. Nice...

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Verizon would have to clear the ESN.

The phone was reported lost or stolen.

There's nothing you can do.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Take the phone to a Verizon store and have it sent to the original owner and hopefully some of the karma will come back to you.

That is what I would hope someone would do for me.

OP
droidedin

droidedin

Reaction score
I wonder what happens if the person who lost the phone already filed an insurance claim...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
......found...............

We've heard that before.....

glenn

Reaction score
Take the phone to a Verizon store and have it sent to the original owner and hopefully some of the karma will come back to you.

That is what I would hope someone would do for me.

I agree ! Keep the good karma flowing.
Side note....today I found a Droid1 battery case in the gutter, it was lying face down but I know exactly what it was and rescued it before it got run over by a car. I guess this confirms the battery cover reported earlier this year.

OP
droidedin

droidedin

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I didn't know Verizon would actually send the phone back to the owner. That's what I'll tell him to do.

BTW, i'm new to online forums, so I don't know if this is common, but it's awesome to get replies to threads so quickly.

Thanks for the input!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks for the response. I didn't know Verizon would actually send the phone back to the owner. That's what I'll tell him to do.

BTW, i'm new to online forums, so I don't know if this is common, but it's awesome to get replies to threads so quickly.

Thanks for the input!

When there is 14,000+ users online answers are usually very quick...

Navalynt

Reaction score
Of course, if the Verizon store option doesn't work out you could PM me and I might be interested in buying it to use on another network.

dancedroid

ChugIt

Reaction score
No, droidedin thank YOU for doing the right thing. If it was one of our phones we would be hoping and praying someone did the right thing. Unfortunately it is hard to have much faith in people usually. I hope it gets returned to the owner.