How to clear a Phone's bad ESN?

mineman43

Reaction score
Hi! So here is the story.
A good friend of mine sold me his Droid x for 80 bucks. I was supposed ot give him the money the next day, but when I went to activate the phone that night, it said the ESN was already activated.
SO I call him up and he says that Verizon did screw him over supposedly and he owes over a 1000 dollars.
I'm not paying him until I can activate it.
Well, I am hanging onto it since he went to TMobile.
Well, I thought I had seen that I can give him another phone so he can place it up under the account in which he owes money, thus clearing the ESN of the Droid X so I can pay him and I can use it!
SO I come to you all, asking if this is possible or if you've heard of anything like thiis!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Only way to use that as a cell phone is to flash it over to Cricket.

MIUI

jseah

Reaction score
Or you can pay what he owes Verizon. Sounds like your friend knew exactly what he was doing. He ran up a huge amount of charges with Verizon, and he skipped over to T-Mobile instead of paying what he owes.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm sure Verizon singled him out to "screw over"....tell your friend to pay his bill, or as mentioned you'll have to flash it over to another carrier

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flash to another carrier, pay his bill or use as a wifi device.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TyrantII

Reaction score
your friend sounds like a douche. Also sounds like he tried to pull a fast one on you, after he did so to VZW.

clouse2013

Reaction score
Hi! So here is the story.
A good friend of mine sold me his Droid x for 80 bucks. I was supposed ot give him the money the next day, but when I went to activate the phone that night, it said the ESN was already activated.
SO I call him up and he says that Verizon did screw him over supposedly and he owes over a 1000 dollars.
I'm not paying him until I can activate it.
Well, I am hanging onto it since he went to TMobile.
Well, I thought I had seen that I can give him another phone so he can place it up under the account in which he owes money, thus clearing the ESN of the Droid X so I can pay him and I can use it!
SO I come to you all, asking if this is possible or if you've heard of anything like thiis!

Everyone here is right. I had a similar thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Called verizon and talked to a friend that works there. Nothing you can do besides whats mentioned above. I know it sucks but **** happens. Just make sure you check the ESN before you get it. I bought an X a few weeks ago and had the guy send me the ESN so i could check it before i even met him to buy the phone.

Beka27

Reaction score
If you need a phone, give him his back and get yourself a clean one from ebay or craigslist. There's no point in screwing around with this...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums