It's Sunday, 2/6... Who went to Best Buy?

shaddix

Reaction score
Preordered mine on sunday. I will be watching amazon to see what kind of price they come up with. May go with them.
Here is my plan though.
BB doesn't offer a 1 year contract. No big deal though. check it:

-Buy TB for $249.99
-Enroll in buy back program
-option 1-Trade phone in @ 6 months and get $314. towards next phone.
-option 2-Trade phone in @ 12 months and get $251. towards next phone.

-Buy next phone @ retail and only have to come up with ~$250.

This way I can upgrade in only 6 months and not have to shell out too much.
Whatcha think?

craigslist/ebay! Though that 12 month trade in looks pretty sweet actually, since on ebay you have all those fees and stuff to pay.....

Last edited by a moderator:

eklipsephil

Reaction score
Preordered mine on sunday. I will be watching amazon to see what kind of price they come up with. May go with them.
Here is my plan though.
BB doesn't offer a 1 year contract. No big deal though. check it:

-Buy TB for $249.99
-Enroll in buy back program
-option 1-Trade phone in @ 6 months and get $314. towards next phone.
-option 2-Trade phone in @ 12 months and get $251. towards next phone.

-Buy next phone @ retail and only have to come up with ~$250.

This way I can upgrade in only 6 months and not have to shell out too much.
Whatcha think?

This was my plan but if you use the upgrade cost would the buy back value still be considered the actual value of the phone or the price you paid? ...

wmnomore

Reaction score
Buy back value is off the retail price. The retail on the Thunderbolt is $629.99 i believe.

eklipsephil

Reaction score
You are right I didn't read the fine print on the program and its explained there.

MIUI'd OG Droid

wmnomore

Reaction score
Not sure how much the buy back program is normally, but it is free from 2/6-2/12. I am hoping that i can convince them to give it to me even though I will purchase after the 12th. Hopefully on 13th or 14th. Hoping to get a noob in mobile to sell it to me;)

Keep your eye out for amazon too. I signed up to receive an email when they start selling it. It may be a good price too.

eklipsephil

Reaction score
I believe it was 59.99 when I checked when I did my preorder but I will definitely be trying to get it within the free window as im a silver rewards member and ill play up the fact that the 14th is my bday

MIUI'd OG Droid

ridobe

Reaction score
^The guy at BB when I ordered said it will be extended (he thinks) for this phone.

Rotas

Reaction score
I was told it would be free until the 24th of this month.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Wow I can't believe how you guys are getting suckered by bb and htc. Paying 600 for a tweaked Evo single core LoL regular display. Talk about buying hype. I don't know what's worse HTC phones or the people that buy them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

eklipsephil

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe how you guys are getting suckered by bb and htc. Paying 600 for a tweaked Evo single core LoL regular display. Talk about buying hype. I don't know what's worse HTC phones or the people that buy them.

How much did you pay for your D2? I'd be willing to bet it wasn't free ...
And many of us have upgrades available meaning we will not be paying 600 ...
Furthermore what's the point in waiting for a mythical dual core 4G phone when I can get grandfathered into a presumably cheap 4g unlimited plan knowing it will certainly be increasing all while having the best phone Verizon has to offer and still being able to get another phone at upgrade cost in 6 months ...

MIUI'd OG Droid

mekman

Reaction score

I know what is worse, people like yourself. You obviously have no interest in the Thunderbolt so you shouldn't be trolling in the Thunderbolt forum. And the Thunderbolt isn't a tweaked Evo. It is a tweaked Desire HD for the states. And it actually has a SLCD screen not a regular LCD like the Evo. Grow up dude. Comments like that are not needed on droidforums.net.

Rotas

Reaction score

I am willing to bet 90% of people are getting the 2 year promotional price.
Buy Back is giving you money back from the retail price.
When its time to upgrade again, its just less money outta your pocket.
I don't see the problem.

moosez3

Reaction score

I know what is worse, people like yourself. You obviously have no interest in the Thunderbolt so you shouldn't be trolling in the Thunderbolt forum. And the Thunderbolt isn't a tweaked Evo. It is a tweaked Desire HD for the states. And it actually has a SLCD screen not a regular LCD like the Evo. Grow up dude. Comments like that are not needed on droidforums.net.

yeah this guy is all :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

While we who preordered in 6 days will be all :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana: :icon_ banana:

detox

Reaction score

Amen brother!

sent from my X