It's Sunday, 2/6... Who went to Best Buy?

detox

Reaction score
What else do they have coming?

Was wondering this also?

Man I hope this f'in thing comes next week...I just shattered the screen on my Incredible (my first drop EVER absolutely SHATTERS the screen, I've never seen anything like it, phone still functions perfectly thank goodness) and pre-ordered the TB at Bestbuy...they told me the 14th like everyone else.

Poster JFMFT - I read in another thread you are a Verizon employee, thought maybe I'd pose this question to you.
I have no insurance on my plan so I can't use that for my shattered Incredible. Since I am due for an upgrade I thought I'd just wait it out a week for the TB. But if the TB is delayed, I'm stuck with a busted looking phone for longer. I was thinking - could I just 'upgrade' to a brand new Incredible or hell even an iPhone but return it within 30 days and get the TB (assuming the TB comes out within 30 days)? Does that 30 day 'grace period' still apply? I was in too big of hurry at the Verizon store to ask yesterday.

Thanks!

From what I've been reading, its no longer 30 days. It is a 14 day grace period now.

Best buy told me since I was paying full price that I would get the full 30 day grace period. As for contracts im not sure how this will work. I will verify this when I do pick it up though

Not sure if verizon will give the same 30 day grace period if you pay full price or not.

sent from my X

wmnomore

Reaction score
Lots of rumors about what HTC will unveil at MWC next week.
-Honeycomb tablet
-Desire 2?
-maybe an Evo2?

They most likely won't mention the thunderbolt, but who knows.
It will be interesting.

rjpear

Reaction score
I went to Best buy yesterday afternoon (TUE) and I was #5 to reserve the Thunderbolt.. (ERIE, PA..Small Market)..
The BB folks didn't make a reservation or anything, just said they would call when they were in... and did not indicate when that would be... I didn't push them..
Looking forward to it... Coming from a D1...

obidos

Reaction score
went to BB yesterday evening and pre-ordered! They too said the TB would be instock on 02/14. We did get the BuyBack option for free.

they said the data plan was $29.99 unlimited and if we wanted to use the tether feature there was a seperate charge for that.

this will be my first ever Android and first ever smart phone so I guess when the TB comes out I'll set up camp in the Help section.

my Samsung SCH-u740 is on its last leg.

derekmiller12

Reaction score
went to BB yesterday evening and pre-ordered! They too said the TB would be instock on 02/14. We did get the BuyBack option for free.

they said the data plan was $29.99 unlimited and if we wanted to use the tether feature there was a seperate charge for that.

this will be my first ever Android and first ever smart phone so I guess when the TB comes out I'll set up camp in the Help section.

my Samsung SCH-u740 is on its last leg.

I am super excited to get that call!

Fedz84

Reaction score
I have a funny feeling Best Buy will release it on or close to the 14th and then you'll see Verizon release it 2 weeks later around the 28th in their stores.....but thats just me what do I know

Reaction score
I have a funny feeling Best Buy will release it on or close to the 14th and then you'll see Verizon release it 2 weeks later around the 28th in their stores.....but thats just me what do I know

Really hope you're right.

Maybe Verizon wants to stop people from getting an iPhone (just to play around with it, like I would) then exchanging it during their 14 day grace period for the better phone, the Thunderbolt? :)

fishy.

Reaction score
oh and btw if you UPGRADE you have 14 days to return the phone and get either a new one or reverse your upgrade. buying phones outright is just like buying a car charger, whatever the stores policy is thats how it is, BB i believe is 30 days then u have 30 days to return it, IF you didnt upgrade. clearing that up for u..

i preordered mine also, was told the 14th, and 249.99

i also work for verizon, indirect that is.

we wont get it for a lil while, corporate i heard is delaying it cause its being overshadowed from the iphone.. dont quote, just what i heard

Reaction score
oh and btw if you UPGRADE you have 14 days to return the phone and get either a new one or reverse your upgrade. buying phones outright is just like buying a car charger, whatever the stores policy is thats how it is, BB i believe is 30 days then u have 30 days to return it, IF you didnt upgrade. clearing that up for u..

we wont get it for a lil while, corporate i heard is delaying it cause its being overshadowed from the iphone.. dont quote, just what i heard

Thanks for the info.

What do you mean exactly by 'reversing' your upgrade? Does that mean I could go get an iPhone or Droid X (because I am eligible for the upgrade), take it back before 14 days and say "Eh, I want to give you this back and be back in 'upgrade-ready' mode using my old phone" and walla, I am back sitting in the same boat I am now?

For some reason I didn't think I could do this...

EDIT. Another ? - Can I 'upgrade' to the same phone? Since my D-Inc has a shattered screen, can I 'upgrade' to get a brand new one, then return/exchange it during the grace period for the TB? I'm always hesitant to try stuff like this in case Verizon has some sort of unspoken policy about it...

Last edited:

ridobe

Reaction score
twitter
@verizonwireless

Bolt. Thunderbolt. Will tweet info the second we have info. No baloney, just truth - when it's true. (Love your enthusiasm for LTE).

ZoneBlitz44

Reaction score
I went and pre-ordered mine on Sunday. The salesman said that the release date they have on their inventory is February 14th and he would call me if that date had changed and still no call. Also when I ordered, he said that he had already played with and became familiar with the TB to answer any questions that may present themselves. Only 5 more days! (Hopefully)

fishy.

Reaction score

Thanks for the info.

What do you mean exactly by 'reversing' your upgrade? Does that mean I could go get an iPhone or Droid X (because I am eligible for the upgrade), take it back before 14 days and say "Eh, I want to give you this back and be back in 'upgrade-ready' mode using my old phone" and walla, I am back sitting in the same boat I am now?

For some reason I didn't think I could do this...

EDIT. Another ? - Can I 'upgrade' to the same phone? Since my D-Inc has a shattered screen, can I 'upgrade' to get a brand new one, then return/exchange it during the grace period for the TB? I'm always hesitant to try stuff like this in case Verizon has some sort of unspoken policy about it...

Reversing your upgrade, say if you bought a phone and realize you hate the phone and want to go back to your old phone, you can get your upgrade changed back to original, no u cant take advantage of it and just keep switching and returning phones, how many times you can do it, im not too sure.

so to answer your question if you wanted to use an upgrade to get the same phone, you sure can, just MAKE sure to keep it in EXCELLENT condition, (No water damage, No scratches or anything with the phone) you can exchange it for the thunderbolt and pay the difference.

you only have 14 days to do that. there isnt a rebate on that anymore so you dont have to worry about mailing rebates..

hope this clears it up for you

Rotas

Reaction score

Since you work for verizon, is there anyway that you know of, that I can get my upgrade 14 days earlier?

My upgrade isn't until the 28th, which is out of reach on the free Buy Back, and release date for TB =(

fishy.

Reaction score
we can do annuals at the store i work at, best buy doesnt do them.. your sure your upgrade is on the 28th? i was told by my BB friend that the Free buyback program is for all of feb..

but the 28th is the whole 2 years its 20months from when you got your phone right?

im not at the store right now so i cant exactly look up and check.