Is this thing worth keeping?

OP
Kevin3328

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I found memory booster apps to work wonders on freeing up memory and making the phone run much better.. have even got launcher pro to stop redraw. Im not comfortable or knowledgeable enough to root my phone so this seems to be an adequate solution for the time being

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
That is what's causing you problems.

Antivirus is not needed on this platform and is a huge resource hog. It will slow down your phone tremendously.

Remove the antivirus and your phone will improve dramatically.

Really? Normally I would never question the "Hook" but I have Lookout on my OD and X2 and I do not see any performance difference at all on either platform. I've also read that malware and viruses are showing up for Android. Has this danger been exaggerated?

The danger hasn't been exagerated if you don't use your noggin. Read some reviews before downloading. Check out how many downloads there have been. If it's under 500, don't assume you just found some gem of an app that no one knows about yet.

Also, stick to the app store. A lot of the early malware was 4th party app download sights. (3rd party, being Amazon, etc...) Don't do it, unless you trust the source. Use your head and you should be fine.

Thanks, the only app I've down loaded not at the app store, was swype beta. The point however; is, does Lookout do any good and or more harm?
I uninstalled it last night and don't see any difference.
I think the biggest thing people do that affects performance is loading 1,500 apps.