Is this thing worth keeping?

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Not to argue with Zet's experience, but a majority of people are not having a choppy experience on the Inc2. The Inc2 has the exact same internal specs as the Thunderbolt, just no LTE. It's an extremely smooth/snappy phone overall. It's essentially a smaller Thunderbolt with no LTE, but global capabilities, and solid battery life.

The only "common" bug on the Inc2 is some people are reporting their compass reads North/South backwards - but it's not too many people, and HTC knows about it and a fix is in the works. And fwiw, it doesn't affect using navigation or maps - they still work while you're moving.

Also, fwiw, the Inc2 has the most crystal clear speaker/phone out of any of the recent phones I've used - X2, Bolt.

Everyone's experience is always unique even if we have the same phone etc. I do agree overall the Inc2 is a solid phone, just wasn't as impressed with its performance overall. The tbolt (when i had it) was pretty smooth one thing I liked about it the most was the earpiece was quite loud (even at min volume) but was quite distorted. You'd think that the tbolt would have the loudest speakerphone due to the kickstand being in the way when it's not propped out. I really can't wait to see the x2 with gingerbread w/ all the OS optimizations for DC compared to froyo.

A bird told me that low ram availability is the thing delaying gingerbread for the x2. Apparently gingerbread is a little more ram intensive.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
Kevin3328

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So should I expect the performance of this phone to be much better when gingerbread comes.. I love this phone but there r some glaring issues that I want rectified without rooting since I don't know how to yet.. I want to keep this phone.. there's alot I like about it.. a ton actually I just need some things to be fixed so I can really commit to it

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Zog

Reaction score
Full HDMI mirroring is friggen amazing. Why does no one talk about this? I miss it.. however I didn't like the screen, lag, lack of gingerbread, dev support, rooting and customization, or wasting a 2 year.. so I returned my x2 to keep my x.

If you're tired of using your Inc and want something new to play with, sell it and break even buying a Droid x off of craigslist. Its essentially the same phone and u save an upgrade.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
Kevin3328

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In response to zog .. I added a line to get this phon

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So should I expect the performance of this phone to be much better when gingerbread comes.. I love this phone but there r some glaring issues that I want rectified without rooting since I don't know how to yet.. I want to keep this phone.. there's alot I like about it.. a ton actually I just need some things to be fixed so I can really commit to it

Kevin3328, let me ask a few questions. Well 2 questions. Are you running a task killer or any antivirus on your X2? If you are remove them asap.

Gingerbread. I won't say it won't improve your phone function, certainly when Froyo came out it sped up the D1. But don't expect miracles. It's a new OS and hopefully it will help your X2 improve in a lot of areas.

OP
Kevin3328

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Continuing .. I have this line and another that will get upgrades summer 2012.. I was excited about the dualcore processor.. so far not.impressed between this phone and thunderbolt

OP
Kevin3328

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No task killer just anti virus.. heard task killers r terrible for phones. Im gonna get rid of mobile lookout and see how things go

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No task killer just anti virus.. heard task killers r terrible for phones. Im gonna get rid of mobile lookout and see how things go

That is what's causing you problems.

Antivirus is not needed on this platform and is a huge resource hog. It will slow down your phone tremendously.

Remove the antivirus and your phone will improve dramatically.

bigdad63

Reaction score
i returned my x2. coming from an OG droid, the phone was blazing fast. no issues with LP+ (other than the occasional screen re-draw) and now issues at all with tune in radio. i actually really liked the phone. loved the physical home row buttons, battery was GREAT compared to my OG, and like said earlier the phone was just fast. however after the leaked pics of the new bionic and the announcement of the galaxy s2, i gave in to play the waiting game. now the question is which will come first, the bionic or gs2.

Ditto, same for me

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Not to argue with Zet's experience, but a majority of people are not having a choppy experience on the Inc2. The Inc2 has the exact same internal specs as the Thunderbolt, just no LTE. It's an extremely smooth/snappy phone overall. It's essentially a smaller Thunderbolt with no LTE, but global capabilities, and solid battery life.

The only "common" bug on the Inc2 is some people are reporting their compass reads North/South backwards - but it's not too many people, and HTC knows about it and a fix is in the works. And fwiw, it doesn't affect using navigation or maps - they still work while you're moving.

Also, fwiw, the Inc2 has the most crystal clear speaker/phone out of any of the recent phones I've used - X2, Bolt.

Everyone's experience is always unique even if we have the same phone etc. I do agree overall the Inc2 is a solid phone, just wasn't as impressed with its performance overall. The tbolt (when i had it) was pretty smooth one thing I liked about it the most was the earpiece was quite loud (even at min volume) but was quite distorted. You'd think that the tbolt would have the loudest speakerphone due to the kickstand being in the way when it's not propped out. I really can't wait to see the x2 with gingerbread w/ all the OS optimizations for DC compared to froyo.

A bird told me that low ram availability is the thing delaying gingerbread for the x2. Apparently gingerbread is a little more ram intensive.

If the D1 can run GB doubt it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check and see how much free ram you have available at any given time on the x2. I bet it is lower than 80mbs. Problems have been reported with it not having much free memory. The inc2 having 200-300 free is good. Way better than you will get on the x2. Free memory is just as important as processor speed on a phone.

I would return it and wait for these manufacturers to get themselves together and put out an android phone on verizon that doesn't have some major flaw. They are killing the platform with these phones.

Sent from my fascinate

Last edited:

altimax98

Reaction score

The D1 has issues with GB especially dealing with ram issues. Unless its modded its choppy and annoying.

But I agree that 512 should be sufficient to rum GB, my nook color runs CM7 Nightlys and it always has more then half ram open. Blur must really be a huge resource hog.

To the OP download system info pro (its free) and see what it says about open ram and see what apps are taking the most of it. I enjoy that program alot to use to see where my mem hogs are and also as a quick task killer. Yeah I know they aren't supposed to work but that one does. I use it before benching or playing games and it always runs better.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

Zetsumei

Reaction score

The D1 has issues with GB especially dealing with ram issues. Unless its modded its choppy and annoying.

But I agree that 512 should be sufficient to rum GB, my nook color runs CM7 Nightlys and it always has more then half ram open. Blur must really be a huge resource hog.

To the OP download system info pro (its free) and see what it says about open ram and see what apps are taking the most of it. I enjoy that program alot to use to see where my mem hogs are and also as a quick task killer. Yeah I know they aren't supposed to work but that one does. I use it before benching or playing games and it always runs better.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

The resource hog = blur D:.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score

Antivirus is not needed on this platform and is a huge resource hog. It will slow down your phone tremendously.

Really? Normally I would never question the "Hook" but I have Lookout on my OD and X2 and I do not see any performance difference at all on either platform. I've also read that malware and viruses are showing up for Android. Has this danger been exaggerated?

myriad46

Reaction score

Really? Normally I would never question the "Hook" but I have Lookout on my OD and X2 and I do not see any performance difference at all on either platform. I've also read that malware and viruses are showing up for Android. Has this danger been exaggerated?

The danger hasn't been exagerated if you don't use your noggin. Read some reviews before downloading. Check out how many downloads there have been. If it's under 500, don't assume you just found some gem of an app that no one knows about yet.

Also, stick to the app store. A lot of the early malware was 4th party app download sights. (3rd party, being Amazon, etc...) Don't do it, unless you trust the source. Use your head and you should be fine.