Is there no end to Verizon's bloatware?

Will you use the VZ navigator app/bloatware add to 2.3.20 update?

• No way... I'll root and delete it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I won't use it, it'll just sit there.

• I don't care, it's just a phone.

• Yes, I'll use it now.

• I've been using it before the update.

• Total voters

meek2100

Reaction score
Why is it that when Verizon offers us a new update they have to throw another app in there that few want or will use? Some one needs to let Verizon know there just pissing us off. I just updated to 2.3.20 and now I'm stuck with VZ navigator on my phone. Back to the rooting board...

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why is it that when Verizon offers us a new update they have to throw another app in there that few want or will use? Some one needs to let Verizon know there just pissing us off. I just updated to 2.3.20 and now I'm stuck with VZ navigator on my phone. Back to the rooting board...

Yeah, another paid app. What a crock. BUT... be sure to make a backup of that for future use... I went through holy hell putting apps back that I deleted after I rooted, like Skype and City ID... they have to be in there for the OTA updates to work. :)

OP
meek2100

meek2100

Reaction score
Yeah, another paid app. What a crock. BUT... be sure to make a backup of that for future use... I went through holy hell putting apps back that I deleted after I rooted, like Skype and City ID... they have to be in there for the OTA updates to work. :)

Agreed, I use Titanium Backup to avoid the problem of having to search for them once it comes time for an OTA update. We all just need an amazing custom ROM bloatware free! dancedroid

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Agreed, I use Titanium Backup to avoid the problem of having to search for them once it comes time for an OTA update. We all just need an amazing custom ROM bloatware free! dancedroid

I made the mistake of deleting them BEFORE backing them up... Skype I was able to get from the market, but City ID was a whole nother critter. But as long as the .apk is in the system/app folder, the update will stick. I took my chances and got lucky LOL Updated and re-rooted! :icon_ banana:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I moved them all to a sub directory in /system/apps. If I need them I just have to go to the sub directory and mv them all back.