Is there any hope for s -off? Or even just full root?

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing this... over on XDA nothing has been said except about evil, and JCASE was basically saying the current method they were working on wasn't going to work. Now magically he and evil both have achieved S-OFF?... Either way, I'm not touching it until it's been confirmed by MANY users.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
tweet just a few minutes ago from jcase: "Yep I called it, again. The Rezound rumors of today were fake."

bigdad63

Reaction score
I used cleanTool over at xda (and donated) to debloat and de-sense and my phone is running smooth and fast.

xRogerxC

Reaction score
tweet just a few minutes ago from jcase: "Yep I called it, again. The Rezound rumors of today were fake."

Why am I not surprised. Evil is just a foul mouthed, attention seeking little punk. He has lied to us all from the start. Like others have said here, I will not try any software (s-off and root) until it has been fully tested. I do not trust that guy at all.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
whezzel, you didnt have to delete your posts man.....Ive been following this phone from the start, I was the ONLY person excited about it. i have made a good amount of posts now that have turned out wrong. Like the first S-off posts:D.....people were lying.....alot of people just already had S-off devices and yep....got our hopes up. dont worry about it. You posted information that you seen as being correct, thats all that matter. think about how many people were wrong about the nexus being released the 9th!! hahhahaha! If it doesnt ship the 15th(tomorrow) imagine how many people will be wrong this time. Just keep us informed(like you did)! every little bit of info helps.

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got to ask, besides the misleading information and swear words whats the story with evildev. I was a solid moto guy until the rezound. I had bunches of D1 still have 3 and a couple of DX's so I don't know anything about this situation. I trust all the info I get here and question anything from anywhere else. The tone towards him is pretty negative around here right now just wondering why?

Not trying to start anything just want to understand better.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
welp he said that he got S-off on rezound but someone took off with the device and that he needed another to confirm....he got another device....for free... and didnt release anything...that was back on november 15th.....so here we are....a month from then and still no s-off. He keeps saying hes got it...and releases nothing hes done this a total of 3 times.

Im getting a nexus tomorrow. I heard that is was rootable :biggrin:

jbh00jh

Reaction score
Evil is a con man and attention whore. Doesn't know how to tell the truth. Blames his shortcommings on everyone else who "troll" him. lol

Spyder5157

Reaction score
Hate to be a Sour A$$ in this thread, but I actually traded my ReZound for the Razr within the 14 days (Which is no WAY extended for XMAS).

When I started fighting with S-OFF, and did some research...I pretty much saw myself fighting that non-stop. It STINKS that you can (sorry forget details), but pull battery, or turn off fastboot, then a few keys and you have that small menu system where it says s-off Says volume down to it and hit power to change, I thought...WOW THIS IS EASY, hit power to turn S-OFF, (IN RED) FAILED....FAILED...FAILED... Then shut down.

S-OFF (As I understand it, I maybe way off) is pretty much a lockdown of everything. You can do some minor things BUT, Not even a Root, ok temp root, BUT, Some systems reported that Tit BU didn't even recognize that as a root? (Rumor).

Second, I know it has the "Highest" Screen Resolution, BUT, same crap in a bit of Sun you are trying to shade it to read like crazy.

This Amoled (Spell??) the RAZR has, resolution is much less, YOU DON"T NOTICE, and middle of a sunny yard can read easy, more and more are using it. NOT SURE BUT I THINK even that Nexus S II has it. I had a Fascinate Nexus S , it had it and it it "Brilliant" the colors, etc....

Anyway, what I'm saying, IF you get some amazing DEV to get that off for you, OR, a nice Leak is not out of the question, you are GOLDEN, until then, I hope you like stock...

And trust me, I'm NOT Talkiing SH$^ on it, I had it for 2 weeks, HATED to trade it in, my Antutu benchmark scores were thru the roof....BUT??? what can I say.

PROBLEM NOW: Razr has a locked bootloader. NOT A HUGE ISSUE (just can't flash Kernels) you can run CWR on bootstrap. BUT Motorola agreed all these devices would ship with unlocked bootloaders, they did in Europe, here Verizon put the smack down (Can't believe I just said that)..LOL..Said do it, no buy...NOW, the "SEMI-RUMOR"
is RAZR will get ICS Q1 2012 (Very early), and give the unlocked loader with it.

I think i'll put it in the same file as waiting for Froyo on my Ascend I when I had it...LOL (for those that had it, rumors always said it was coming the next month, and so on....NEVER DID GET IT..Only thru GREAT work of Dev's got CM6/7 ported over (Since bootloader was unlocked).

Oh well, SORRY FOR THE LENGTH IN THREAD....2:30 am can sleep....babbling. Plus I tend to write longer threads anyway, I like to put ALL the detail up front, no questions to back and forth later....just me....

ALL MY BEST TO ALL. I THINK THIS IS BECOMING MY NEW HOME, SO.....

THANKS TO ALL....I am here to actually try to solve a Razr issue, but couldn't pass up my 2 cents here.

THANKS ALL......Spyder / Jeff

chin2334

Reaction score
the same evil that posted he had S-off and then didnt release anything at all? the same one that said once he got a rezound he would release it asap? the same one that never did release anything? i wouldnt get my hopes up.

first off he said they were hacked( some reader decided to try and get what they had already since they were making progress)and lost everything then midget left cuz people,talk to much bs and constantly bug them about s off... now,midgets back and she will work on it on her own time also she said if people start with the bs or get hacked again shes done. its like harrassing your repair man eventually he'll tell u to f off and leave especially when the work is done for free!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
I always thought Root and S off were one and the same. So if your phone is just rooted what do you have? I have rooted about 10 phones I guess s off just always came with it.

Why is it so hard to do on the Rez as opposed to the Bionic and Raz seems like it is HTC screwing everything up.

Last edited:
L

leroybrute

I always thought Root and S off were one and the same. So if your phone is just rooted what do you have? I have rooted about 10 phones I guess s off just always came with it.

Why is it so hard to do on the Rez as opposed to the Bionic and Raz seems like it is HTC screwing everything up.

S Off means security off. It's an hTC thing. Then root. It will happen soon. I myself wants to wait for ICS which from tweets from the verge today have hTC starting to roll out to some of their phones in Feb 2012. Then I wanna play.

lithium630

Reaction score
I'm torn. I can still return my Rezound and I'm debating whether to get the Nexus or not. I like the better specs of the Rezound but the s-on concerns me. (Yes I know I'm impatient). I like to think some genius will figure it out soon but who knows. It will really suck if it is still locked down six months from now.

wooddale

Reaction score
I'm torn. I can still return my Rezound and I'm debating whether to get the Nexus or not. I like the better specs of the Rezound but the s-on concerns me. (Yes I know I'm impatient). I like to think some genius will figure it out soon but who knows. It will really suck if it is still locked down six months from now.

Im in same boat kinda its rezound or nothing Im not getting the Nexus because of mini sim card I have other phones and they wont work.