Is there any hope for s -off? Or even just full root?

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just looking to check out the vibe of the people with Rezounds. I've had mine about a week now and love it! Battery is so so but with some development could be great im sure. So whats everyone think with the all might Nexus dropping soon will we be left behind? The forums all seem pretty quite and I can't find to much on the subject except for one guy who thinks he might be close. Evil I believe is what the reference him as. I like so much about this phone I would hate to have to switch. Having an already unlocked phone in my eyes kinda takes the fun out of moding, but I can't live with a fully locked down phone either. What a tough spot to be in.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love this phone. I could actually live with it only having temp root. Someone will find some way to get this opened up or get 2nd init ROMs or something. As soon as I dropped Sense for Launcher Pro and froze the rest of the sense launcher...the phone got even better.

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you use the temp root method from the rezound forum here or some where else? I looking over at XDA and there is like three different ways to do it, some work longer then others? I just got confused over there so I didn't even try, I don't want to mess anything up. Let me know which method worked best for you and I'll give it a try in a later tonight. That would be a good way to help ease the wait for myself.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I am not foreseeing this phone getting s-off now. no good no good......I tell you what. Very grim looking

androidgeek

Reaction score
OK so you have our attention what did the little bird say?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

xptian

Reaction score
been following evil dev for a while now. Supposedly evil midget (I think she was the one to crack the boot then the servers got hacked) is back on the project to help get s-off and I think evil Dev had a breakthrough this morning on something with the hboot from what I've read. No s-off as of yet but they r making progress

Someone got their hands on a dev device with s-off and they did system dumps. They r working on it and seem really excited

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

That's great news! I hope this phone keeps dev support.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
been following evil dev for a while now. Supposedly evil midget (I think she was the one to crack the boot then the servers got hacked) is back on the project to help get s-off and I think evil Dev had a breakthrough this morning on something with the hboot from what I've read. No s-off as of yet but they r making progress

Someone got their hands on a dev device with s-off and they did system dumps. They r working on it and seem really excited

the same evil that posted he had S-off and then didnt release anything at all? the same one that said once he got a rezound he would release it asap? the same one that never did release anything? i wouldnt get my hopes up.

Taegost

Reaction score
evil says he has root and unlocked bootloader. he says heel release it later today after he does a guide. also he posted that jcase has achieved it too

I'm with CombatMedic on this one, I'll believe it when I see it. We already had the carrot dangled with screenshots of a rooted, S-Off'd Rezound back on 11/4 (That thread is right below this one, check it out) and we were told we'd have instructions then...
12/13, still nothing yet.
I really hope he's got it, but I certainly won't get my hopes up, nor will I be the first one to try it.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hey. I'm with y'all too. Ill believe it when I see it. I no what happened last month. I'm just pass in on information that others may not no yet. No need to get all huffy about that and I'm not particularly talk in to u

I just wanted to put all info out there before people got there hopes up. I wanted to kill all of it. If it does get released that really is great!!! But what happened last time was very crappy. hopefully today will be a good day for us!!! i would be very happy with that.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with CombatMedic on this one, I'll believe it when I see it. We already had the carrot dangled with screenshots of a rooted, S-Off'd Rezound back on 11/4 (That thread is right below this one, check it out) and we were told we'd have instructions then...
12/13, still nothing yet.
I really hope he's got it, but I certainly won't get my hopes up, nor will I be the first one to try it.

lol at your sig... forgot about that :) (changed my name on here from jntowers to this)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with combat on this as well... only b/c there has been SO much drama over at xd... I mean rootzwiki around this guy.