How come that the Rezound isn't getting any love?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I'm addicted to Podkicker and listen to every Engadget and the Verge podcast that I can.
Both of them have kinda panned the Rezound with out cutting it down but was as you kids say "meh"

I like the Razr but I really like the Rezound, what gives? Is there some sexiness, or unknown feature?
Half the fun is reading the reviews, arguing in the forums, but these guys are funny with their opinons.
For me that screen, speed, and hand feel is much superior to the Razr. The big plus is the removable battery.

I'm like many of us, waiting for Godot, um, er, the G-nex.
If that pans out, we get to choose between two good phones.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm addicted to Podkicker and listen to every Engadget and the Verge podcast that I can.
Both of them have kinda panned the Rezound with out cutting it down but was as you kids say "meh"

I like the Razr but I really like the Rezound, what gives? Is there some sexiness, or unknown feature?
Half the fun is reading the reviews, arguing in the forums, but these guys are funny with their opinons.
For me that screen, speed, and hand feel is much superior to the Razr. The big plus is the removable battery.

I'm like many of us, waiting for Godot, um, er, the G-nex.
If that pans out, we get to choose between two good phones.

Now this is my opinion...so feel free to take it or leave it. **** them. Everyone has sensationalized the Nexus to the point where it's going to blow up in their faces when it doesn't automatically send them on a eurphoric trip to another dimension. The Rezound is a great phone. I even like the name Resolution + Sound = Rezound. Don't know how the two "s"s mated and turned backwards into a "z" but we can't all be perfect... Of the "Big 3" this is the best of all worlds.

Galaxy Nexus = No SD Card + (NFC - Google Wallet)
Razr = No Removable Battery(and no real pluses other than being thin) - Blur
Rezound = SD slot + Removable Battery + Beats Audio + $99 headphones in the box + highest pixel density(of the big 3) - Sense(which is a plus to some)

Makes me wonder what "Rezound" most of the reviewers are looking at.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I've been thinkin the same thing, and actually was going to post a similar thread a couple of days, but I didn't want to sound like an overjoyed fanboy or something. I totally love this phone. I wasn't even worried about the Nexus. I didnt even consider the rezound at first, but I read reviews, and I am one to know that the people on forums are the most critical. This phone just does it for me.

Notice how we don't have many forum categories like the other phones....no love. But who needs em. lol.

dbmcelroy

Reaction score
Amen
  • My wife and I both have the Rezound and feel it is the best of whats out there now. I was waiting for the Nexus, but now I couldn't care less about it. The hype about the Nexus has been so oversold by the phone blogs it is ridiculous. You'd think it is the second coming!
  • It will be bigger than the Rezound (minus 2 points).
  • Screen is larger (no not really because most of the time the difference in size will be used for buttons minus 1 point).
  • The amoled screen is better (no, after living with the sharp clarity of the Rezound Screen, my lust for Amoled colors is gone minus 1 point).
  • No User upgradable memory (minus 2 points)
  • No Sense (minus 3 points - I love the sense features and transitions. this make android even more user friendly).
  • Nexus has ICS (Oh yeah, I forgot, Rezound will get that too so no advantage here).
  • Bottom Line I see no advantage to leave the Rezound at all.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Just did this....wow. HTC strikes again. I wonder how the RAZR folks are doin'?

Lenagainster

Reaction score
One thing I don't read much about regarding the Resound is the outstanding voice clarity. I can only compare it to my Droids (1 & 2), but it is fantastic. Even my son, on his ATT iPwhat, comes in legible. Gotta figure that any phone that is set up to be the best music player has to have good audio quality in the phone. Betcha the Bionic, Razr, and tomorrow's Nexus don't sound that good.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
The two downsides are the totally chitty small battery for the size and speed of the processor and display and the fact that the software is locked down... So the actual "android" experience is locked from customization. If they stuffed an 1800mah battery in there and the devs could play with it, then it would be the best phone on the market, hands down.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The two downsides are the totally chitty small battery for the size and speed of the processor and display and the fact that the software is locked down... So the actual "android" experience is locked from customization. If they stuffed an 1800mah battery in there and the devs could play with it, then it would be the best phone on the market, hands down.

I agree... though I get pretty solid battery life - tons better than the Tbolt was.

Once S-off comes (hopefully??), it will be a beast.

didiwags

Reaction score
The data outage was a Verizon issue not a Rezound or HTC thing!!

But I agree the Rezound does not get much love from reviewers but I see plenty of commercials for it!

cp24eva

Reaction score
it's a shame that the phone that is not even out yet (G-Nexus) has more buzz in it's forum than the Rezound, a proven great phone for the most part. Is it A.) The HTC brand B.) The Dre beats brand or C.) Overshadowed by Motorola Branding and flooding of motorola CIA like commercials?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
it's a shame that the phone that is not even out yet (G-Nexus) has more buzz in it's forum than the Rezound, a proven great phone for the most part. Is it A.) The HTC brand B.) The Dre beats brand or C.) Overshadowed by Motorola Branding and flooding of motorola CIA like commercials?

I don't think it's overshadowed by anything other than Verizon. Announced on a Friday(right behind the RAZR launch), sold on a monday with almost nothing but a "Hey, we're selling this phone". I was in the store when the RAZR came out...packed. In the store when the Rezound came out....like 3 people were there and I think they were getting a RAZR. Verizon's best friend is Moto and as long as that continues nobody will garner the Verizon backed advertising that Moto does.

Case in point. How many Attrix(Moto phone different carrier) commercials do you remember? How many Samsung Droid Charge(Verizon Samsung phone) billboards did you see? Even the iPhone suffers from Verizon's pact with the devil(I actually do like moto phones). And now poor Sammy and HTC have to make their own commercials.. Foreign companies making American commercials??? Never ends well haha

cp24eva

Reaction score
I don't think it's overshadowed by anything other than Verizon. Announced on a Friday(right behind the RAZR launch), sold on a monday with almost nothing but a "Hey, we're selling this phone". I was in the store when the RAZR came out...packed. In the store when the Rezound came out....like 3 people were there and I think they were getting a RAZR. Verizon's best friend is Moto and as long as that continues nobody will garner the Verizon backed advertising that Moto does.

Case in point. How many Attrix(Moto phone different carrier) commercials do you remember? How many Samsung Droid Charge(Verizon Samsung phone) billboards did you see? Even the iPhone suffers from Verizon's pact with the devil(I actually do like moto phones). And now poor Sammy and HTC have to make their own commercials.. Foreign companies making American commercials??? Never ends well haha

Dang, i never thought of it that way and you do make a great point. I wonder if HTC and Samsung would get the attention and money that Moto does, then they'd make better products. Not that they don't already make great ones. But they'd come out with less snags I believe. And they might have the resources or time to come up with some real innovation.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong please no pun intended. but im talking to the technical side of the house... there is no hardware related basis to the beats experience. it is software and headset based.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

shortie43506

Reaction score
I originally had a Rezound and loved it. I had some problems and wanted to replace it (within my 14 day period) and even offered to pay the $35 replacement fee because i wanted the Rezound. They wouldn't allow me to get a new Rezound, but let me pay $35 to get the Razr. I just wanted a phone that hadn't been played with like my original Rezound had been and Verizon refused. The Verizon employee who activated my Rezound left scratches on my phone and they wouldn't allow me to get a replacement in my 14 trial. Im honestly considering switching carriers...there are some that will buy out your contract. Verizon is horrible.

Love for the Rezound!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums