How come that the Rezound isn't getting any love?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
If he scratched it then they need to replace it. Talk to the manager and let them know they can and will be billed for the repair costs. There is no reason you shouldn't get a brand new uncsratched phone. A scratch on a HD screen is easily noticable.

shortie43506

Reaction score
I went to 2 different stores and called customer service who just called the store i bought the phone from and he got the manager on the phone and he was just cocky.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
I originally had a Rezound and loved it. I had some problems and wanted to replace it (within my 14 day period) and even offered to pay the $35 replacement fee because i wanted the Rezound. They wouldn't allow me to get a new Rezound, but let me pay $35 to get the Razr. I just wanted a phone that hadn't been played with like my original Rezound had been and Verizon refused. The Verizon employee who activated my Rezound left scratches on my phone and they wouldn't allow me to get a replacement in my 14 trial. Im honestly considering switching carriers...there are some that will buy out your contract. Verizon is horrible.

Love for the Rezound!!

Dude, this sounds like a job for the BBB (Better Business Bureau) This sounds like you have been wronged when you were right. Please don't let this slide. I hate companies getting over on folks. and they wouldn't let you pay the 35 bucks for the Rezound? Just another example of Moto in bed with Verizon (IMO) The BBB is like the Johnny Cochran and Rosenhaus of the consumer world. They've handled a few of my verizon screw ups

shortie43506

Reaction score
Hi,

I understand the issues you are experiencing. I am sorry for the trouble you are having with your Rezound and our service. I will do everything in my power to try and help you. Unfortunately, I have guidelines I must follow--which is why I was unable to replace your phone without being able to duplicate the issue. Give me some time to consult with my manager and I will get back with you with a possible resolution.

As far as trading for the RAZR, you may definitely swap it out for it with the $35 restocking fee, while you are within your 14 days. If you prefer the Rezound, I will find out more for you and get back with you soon with what my manager decides.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hoover

That was my response from the second store on day 13 after they denied my replacement i emailed the Rep . I really hate Verizon

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong please no pun intended. but im talking to the technical side of the house... there is no hardware related basis to the beats experience. it is software and headset based.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It's completely software based. Beats is processing the sound. You can get beats audio with non beats headphones. The headphones are considered above average by some, sub-par by others. The Beats libraries were released for download by 3rd parties a week ago so you should see Beats support pop up in other applications.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I understand the issues you are experiencing. I am sorry for the trouble you are having with your Rezound and our service. I will do everything in my power to try and help you. Unfortunately, I have guidelines I must follow--which is why I was unable to replace your phone without being able to duplicate the issue. Give me some time to consult with my manager and I will get back with you with a possible resolution.

As far as trading for the RAZR, you may definitely swap it out for it with the $35 restocking fee, while you are within your 14 days. If you prefer the Rezound, I will find out more for you and get back with you soon with what my manager decides.

Thanks,

Jonathan Hoover

That was my response from the second store on day 13 after they denied my replacement i emailed the Rep . I really hate Verizon

Take everything you have (emails whatever) to Verizon, and tell them that they need to exchange your phone. Don't take no for an answer.

shortie43506

Reaction score
I am just having no luck with any Verizon people. I paid $249 for a phone, the guy who activated it tried opening the back beside the groove so the plastic there was messed up by his nail and the charging port had a nick from day 1. I called Verizon customer service with a problem missing calls and she told me to take it in and get it replaced. I went to Verizon store phone was purchased from and told them what customer service said and he told me they just tell you that to get you in the store. That guy should lose his job.

gallows

Reaction score
It's completely software based. Beats is processing the sound. You can get beats audio with non beats headphones. The headphones are considered above average by some, sub-par by others. The Beats libraries were released for download by 3rd parties a week ago so you should see Beats support pop up in other applications.

There is a secondary processor that handles the beats calculations. Some internal hardware does indead exist... however insignificant it may be... So roms and apps for other phones that claim adding beats is not really true. But yes... its more a gimmick than anything. The secondary processor is doing the EQ calculations and taking a tiny load off of the main CPU. This really doesn't do anything except protect you from some choppy sound when loading apps (TB users experienced this w/DSP) and it drains the battery faster and makes the phone a bit warmer.

Last edited:

cp24eva

Reaction score
There is a secondary processor that handles the beats calculations. Some internal hardware does indead exist... however insignificant it may be... So roms and apps for other phones that claim adding beats is not really true. But yes... its more a gimmick than anything. The secondary processor is doing the EQ calculations and taking a tiny load off of the main CPU. This really doesn't do anything except protect you from some choppy sound when loading apps (much like the TB did w/DSP) and it drains the battery faster and makes the phone a bit warmer.

If thats a battery drain then i want it off! I dabble in sounds tweaking at home and can get a custom tailored sound myself. And I will already have the ibeats that came with the phone (I owned beats already, but the over-ear type) I guess the main way of passively disabling beats it to simply not use the native music app and use something else.

gallows

Reaction score
Any time you have an extra process going it is going to use more battery. If you were to install DSP to the phone and use it the main CPU would do 100 percent of the processing and, yes, use more battery. You'd probably be better off just letting the secondary internal hardware do beats processing if you wanted to save battery but still have some sort of augmented sound.

But I'm not trying to get into which is better DSP or Beats. That's a personal preference issue that will never be won. I just wanted to point out that he was incorrect earlier in saying that it is entirely software based. It is not. There is indead some "beats optimized internal hardware" that does some extra processing of the audio to take a small bit of burden off the main cpu.

The extra battery drain isn't very significant. You'll just notice it showing up in your battery usage graph.

But beats can be turned on and off at will when using the stock music crapp. (yeah I said that) Pull down your notification bar and see.

Last edited: