best way to do back up before rooting

Liquidtoon

Reaction score
Hello Droidforums.net,
This is my first post here so let me start with a huge thank you for all the amazing information. My question is a fairly straight forward one, after reading all the information on rooting my rezound I keep getting hung up on one line "this will wipe your phone...". Is there any way to get around this? I know rooting is going to wipe it but what I was think was trying temp root with titanium back up and then doing a full root and a titanium restore. I would hate to lose all my settings and such, any info or tips you folks have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure there's no getting around this, we just picked up a Rezound last night and before my wife did anything I unlocked/rooted it for her, and I did the same with my GNex when I first got it...

Sucks to lose the data but it builds back up real quick, you can think of it as a fresh start :)

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello Droidforums.net,
This is my first post here so let me start with a huge thank you for all the amazing information. My question is a fairly straight forward one, after reading all the information on rooting my rezound I keep getting hung up on one line "this will wipe your phone...". Is there any way to get around this? I know rooting is going to wipe it but what I was think was trying temp root with titanium back up and then doing a full root and a titanium restore. I would hate to lose all my settings and such, any info or tips you folks have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.

TI Backup is the only real way to get a backup before you root. I personally like setting things back up because it lets me lose a bit of my own bloat. But that's me, a glutton for punishment. After you root(if you install a custom recovery), you can do a nandroid backup which backs you up entirely.

OP
L

Liquidtoon

Reaction score
TI Backup is the only real way to get a backup before you root. I personally like setting things back up because it lets me lose a bit of my own bloat. But that's me, a glutton for punishment. After you root(if you install a custom recovery), you can do a nandroid backup which backs you up entirely.

I dont think you can do a nandroid backup from temp root thanks why I was hesitantly going to use TI backup from temp prior to full root. I dont mind doing basic setup but for work and personal I have several emails and a multitude server account things to set up and it becomes tedious rather quickly. Thank you for the response, guess Ill go forward with the TI and hope for the best.