Is the Rezound a major step coming from a TB???

305rev305

Reaction score
I have the TB since launch day. It has its ups and downs. Quick when it wants but slow when it wants. The data drop has been better lately but was an issue... Has HTC fixed all this with the Rezound? Please, any info is welcomed...

Last edited:

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I came to the Rezound from a TBolt, and I think it is definitely a major step up. The screen on the Rezound is amazing, and the phone is really fast. everything runs really smoothly. I haven't seen any lag at all.

I also believe that the radio and the GPS in the Rezound are much better. This is a seat-of-the-pants, gut feeling sort of assessment, I can't really do any sort of A/B testing on this, but it just seems to be better to me.

fortune730

Reaction score
If you like the htc experience then yes you will love it. Now heres the kicker its just a stock sense 3.5 and it hasn't been out enough to be developed yet. So coming from a fully developed phone like the Tbolt, its hard but this phone is what an upgrade from the Tbolt should feel like. Just pretend your running a 3.5 Rom with very minimal amount of bugs, and faster transitions, and a way faster 4g connection. Also just to be clear the screen size is different. The Rezound is more narrow which pairs better with the 720 p resolution. Also everthing on screen is smaller because of the resolution. Andbjust to give you real life examples MAPS looks like it would on the IPhone extreme clearity, and beautiful resolution. The text is smaller, but more refined, no pixelation or lines. The phone fits better in the hand, and you can't tell a difference really that the screen is smaller. So is it worth it YES its an awesome device, and HTC just does it better than Motorola, and Samsung.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I love asking iClone owners how they get by with only 326 pixels per inch. :icon_ lala:

Htc Rezound 342 ppi (to my knowledge, the highest in the world).

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love asking iClone owners how they get by with only 326 pixels per inch. :icon_ lala:

Htc Rezound 342 ppi (to my knowledge, the highest in the world).

you are correct, higher than the gnex will be as well

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how as good as this phone is, how come it wasn't hyped up like the Bionic was or the Nexus is. You barely heard much about it (well, not as much as the before mentioned phones) yet, it's getting some great reviews from not only peer users, but from popular websites as well.

fortune730

Reaction score
Don't believe what is hyped. IPhone is the biggest hyped phone out there and your posting on a droid site. So don't believe the marketing they all Do the same thing jusr personal pref

cp24eva

Reaction score
Don't believe what is hyped. IPhone is the biggest hyped phone out there and your posting on a droid site. So don't believe the marketing they all Do the same thing jusr personal pref

Who said anything about a iphone?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Incredible 2 was the least hyped phone I've ever seen and is one of the best 3G phones on the market.

The Rezound isn't part of the Droid lineup for one thing... that definitely plays a part in it.

And honestly, besides the forums, the Gnex hasn't been pumped by Verizon at all yet.

cp24eva

Reaction score
The Rezound isn't part of the Droid lineup for one thing... that definitely plays a part in it.

Touche! Did you ever make your decision yet? Verizon lied to me and told me my Rezound would be in tonight. It flew from Ontario (wtf) so it will be here Friday. But I don't want it anymore....was touched by Canadians. I'M KIDDING!!!! SERIOUSLY I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST CANADIANS! I LOVE GEORGE ST. PIERRE!

fortune730

Reaction score
I love George! The IPHONE plug was an example of hype just being hype nothing more.

blackngray70

Reaction score
I came from the Tbolt to the Rezound and I'm extremely happy with it.

It is an amazing device.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't. I'm getting tired of HTC. The rezound I've played with lagged just like other senseui phones I've used. So did blur and so did touchwiz. Also while screen resolution is improved ...its still difficult to see in the daylight.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

fortune730

Reaction score
I disagree. You can't get a good feel for these phones at a Verizon store where people have abused them. The Rezound is awesome

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums