Is it possible to Flash back to the old baseband???

jcboyett

Reaction score
I got a droid that had 2.1 stock, so I'm guessing it's got the new baseband, which I heard when I had my old droid that people were having problems with their 3g and service signal. Now that I have the new phone my signal and 3g SUCK...

My question is, is it at all possible to flash back to the old baseband. It would be EXTREMELY benificial to me if there was a way.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I haven't heard of anyone having a worse signal after getting the new baseband. Have you updated your prls?
Other than that I don't think there's anyway to just get the old baseband.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alex K.

Reaction score
what exactly does that do?

Preferred Roaming List. It will update which towers are for roaming and which towers are not. It will also add new towers that you can use for your signal.

But if you really want to downgrade your baseband, you will have to use RSDLite to flash back to 2.0.1, from there you can install whatever you want (except for the official 2.1 update or any ESE81 variant.)

OP
jcboyett

jcboyett

Reaction score
I didn't know RSD would do that. That's how I rooted this phone, I had to use the 2.0.1 sbf using RSD to be able to gain root access. I just tried updating the prl so maybe that'll work. If it doesn't, then I don't know, maybe I should try upgrading my baseband, since it's apparently back to the regular one.

Reaction score

Alex K.

Reaction score
I didn't know RSD would do that. That's how I rooted this phone, I had to use the 2.0.1 sbf using RSD to be able to gain root access. I just tried updating the prl so maybe that'll work. If it doesn't, then I don't know, maybe I should try upgrading my baseband, since it's apparently back to the regular one.

Yes, RSD reflashes your baseband until you update to official 2.1 or download it through ROM Manager. Your BB version should be 01.3.1 and the new one is 01.3.3 (the numbers may have 0s in between them.)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The ROMs won't change your baseband. Once you have the new one any ROM you run will not affect it. Flashing the old 2.0.1 sbf file should get the old baseband, but in reading through the thread mentioned, others had done that and still didn't help. Its worth a try though

Alex K.

Reaction score
The ROMs won't change your baseband. Once you have the new one any ROM you run will not affect it. Flashing the old 2.0.1 sbf file should get the old baseband, but in reading through the thread mentioned, others had done that and still didn't help. Its worth a try though

I have mentioned already about sbf. I can confirm personally, that it downgrades the BB to its original state.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The ROMs won't change your baseband. Once you have the new one any ROM you run will not affect it. Flashing the old 2.0.1 sbf file should get the old

I have mentioned already about sbf. I can confirm personally, that it downgrades the BB to its original state.

I was merely stating that flashing an old ROM won't change the baseband and that even flashing the 2.0.1 sbf might not fix the problem. This is after doing some quick research.

A call to verizon may solve this, just let them know after the 2.1 update your signal tanked and maybe they can do something about it. I had an issue similar to this on a dumbphone and they fixed it over the phone so might try that.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@jcboyett, are you sure you used the 2.0.1/ESD56 .sbf file with RSD lite? It has 'ESD56' somewhere in the file name. Did you have to re-activate your phone? If you didn't have to re-activate your phone after using RSD lite, it sounds to me like you may have used the SPRecovery2.1.sbf file.

Be sure and let us know.

Last edited: