Is anyone concerned about the entire front being glass with no Gorilla Glass?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put your keys and a bunch of sand in your pocket and test it that way.

Your way did sound funnier - unlock the bootloader lol!

Pleirosei

Reaction score
Why not ask p3droid to do a scratch test on the nexus...he had/has one.

Prime are you getting a nexus? How is the family? And who here is going to root their device??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime are you getting a nexus? How is the family? And who here is going to root their device??

Yes. Great thanks for asking. I am going to root, kernel, rom, and dance with it afterwards ;)

Pleirosei

Reaction score
I have nver had a nexus before. Quite excited. Not sure if I want to root since I know of no insurance that replaces rooted devices

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have nver had a nexus before. Quite excited. Not sure if I want to root since I know of no insurance that replaces rooted devices

Rooting isn't dangerous if you do some research, following instructions and get your files from trusted sites. It's when you don't do what was previously said that you run a risk of damaging your device. I've rooted lots of phones for friends and family, never had any go wrong. Not to mention they have one-click programs that do all the work for you. I've done both for numerous phone and all were positive experiences. And the last point I'd like to make is once recovery is on the device and you make a nandroid backup you're pretty much covered if you do happen to make a mistake 99.9% of the time. So the question is why not root? Don't get me wrong, you can do whatever you want with your device and no one can tell you otherwise. But why limit the device when the possibilities are endless with a rooted device, all risks are user error. Also you can usually if not always unroot if you have any hardware issues to bring it in for a warranty exchange.

Pleirosei

Reaction score
Rooting isn't dangerous if you do some research, following instructions and get your files from trusted sites. It's when you don't do what was previously said that you run a risk of damaging your device. I've rooted lots of phones for friends and family, never had any go wrong. Not to mention they have one-click programs that do all the work for you. I've done both for numerous phone and all were positive experiences. And the last point I'd like to make is once recovery is on the device and you make a nandroid backup you're pretty much covered if you do happen to make a mistake 99.9% of the time. So the question is why not root? Don't get me wrong, you can do whatever you want with your device and no one can tell you otherwise. But why limit the device when the possibilities are endless with a rooted device, all risks are user error. Also you can usually if not always unroot if you have any hardware issues to bring it in for a warranty exchange.

Yea, I feel what you are saying. I have a rooted droid 1, albeit I bought it from a friend, so I have never actually rooted a device before. I know there has been a rooting method for the GNex floating around already so I'm eager to try it, but I'm sure its not the LTE version, so I think its wise to wait a bit. Even if I do root it, I plan on probably keeping stock more than likely. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing I suppose.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
From what I have read and been told, rooting voids the warranty but doesn't impact insurance coverage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, I feel what you are saying. I have a rooted droid 1, albeit I bought it from a friend, so I have never actually rooted a device before. I know there has been a rooting method for the GNex floating around already so I'm eager to try it, but I'm sure its not the LTE version, so I think its wise to wait a bit. Even if I do root it, I plan on probably keeping stock more than likely. I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing I suppose.

The root method will most likely be the same for each Nexus device. The only thing that will be different in each is the radio.

From what I have read and been told, rooting voids the warranty but doesn't impact insurance coverage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Yes, it voids your warranty, but un-rooting and returning a device back to stock essentially reinstates your warranty because Verizon can't tell you were ever rooted.

jerroedr

Reaction score
Why not ask p3droid to do a scratch test on the nexus...he had/has one.

because I dont know him or that he/anyone had their hands on the prime yet

Could ya could ya?? PPPLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!

j/k

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
because I dont know him or that he/anyone had their hands on the prime yet

Could ya could ya?? PPPLLLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!

j/k

Yeah P3Droid has one. He was the one who posted the size comparison pictures and several videos of the G-Nex a couple days ago.

jerroedr

Reaction score
ive been out of the loop for the past two weeks or so. catching up on stuff after a surgery. Its not a bad idea to ask... i mean if he didnt pay for the phone and is supposed to test it