Is 3.14.605.5 the latest ICS?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Power button and volume down button at the same time, hold for a sec should do it. I like this method better, you can actually see the screen shot picture taken before it goes into folder.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

hoobistank

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Power button and volume down button at the same time, hold for a sec should do it. I like this method better, you can actually see the screen shot picture taken before it goes into folder.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Thank you...I like this version the best cause of the preview option....this way rocks

night_train44

Reaction score
can somebody help me upgrade to ICS? I've been following the instructions posted. however, when i hold the "volume down" button while pushing the "power" button, this is the screen i get... am i doing something wrong?? :

When i try this, i hold down the "volume down" button while pressing the power button. Then i get a white screen that says:

***LOCKED***
VIGOR PUT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.11.0000
eMMC-boot
Oct 6, 2011, 15:43:22

HBOOT (highlighted blue)

(vOL UP) to previous item
(VOL DOWN) to next item
(POWER) to select item

FASTBOOT (highlighted in blue)
RECOVERY (written in green)
FACTORY RESET (written in red)
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK (written in blue)
IMAGE CRC

what do i do now??? thanks in advance!!!

jjmstang

Reaction score
Did the ICS update following Cybertec69's post on page 2, it went flawless. Only one step was omitted in there-

when you 1st power up
it will ask if you want to upgrade
you need to push the volume down button to accept the upgrade
after that everything is as the post describes

Hope this helps and not trying to step on anyones toes,
John

Oh....ICS ROCKSdancedroid:icon_ banana:DancingNexus

Schimm

Reaction score
can somebody help me upgrade to ICS? I've been following the instructions posted. however, when i hold the "volume down" button while pushing the "power" button, this is the screen i get... am i doing something wrong?? :

When i try this, i hold down the "volume down" button while pressing the power button. Then i get a white screen that says:

***LOCKED***
VIGOR PUT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.11.0000
eMMC-boot
Oct 6, 2011, 15:43:22

HBOOT (highlighted blue)

(vOL UP) to previous item
(VOL DOWN) to next item
(POWER) to select item

FASTBOOT (highlighted in blue)
RECOVERY (written in green)
FACTORY RESET (written in red)
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK (written in blue)
IMAGE CRC

what do i do now??? thanks in advance!!!

You put your update file in the wrong drive (assuming you hadn't put it in a folder in the first place). Plug the phone back into your computer, and move the file to the other drive. Make sure it is not in a folder.

Sent by my hookah via hashcloud.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
The one you have is a bit older, here is the last leak, and it works like a charm,, after powering down the device, make sure you disable fast boot before powering down, if not it will screw it all up "remove the battery for one minute, reinstall, then VOL Down + Power, let the Flashing process finnish, it will take quite a bit of time, DO NOTHING, once it does the update at process number 3 it will take the longest, phone will reboot twice while updating http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/ , click on the download link, once file is loaded, go to where the file is, right click on it and remove all the numbers from the front, once you do that right click on it again and send it to the SD card directory on your PC, once you connect your Rezound the PC should show two extra hard drives, one is your internal Rezound Hard drive directory and the other is your SD card directory, once yo send it there, disconnect the phone from PC, now use a file utility like Solid Explorer to check for the Zip.

If you have any questions, just PM me I will run you through it, it is very easy and painless.

Been trying to download from this link but it doesn't get past 3%. On wifi that is working fine...

night_train44

Reaction score
You put your update file in the wrong drive (assuming you hadn't put it in a folder in the first place). Plug the phone back into your computer, and move the file to the other drive. Make sure it is not in a folder.

its on the SD card, not in a folder... any other ideas? i'm really new at this... thx.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does the sd card show up as having 16 gig of capacity?

Does it show up in your SD card like I stated in my step by step procedure. Once you boot up the phone in bootloader setup the phone will automatically pick up the file and ask you if you want to do the upgrade, and your answer is "of course I do:icon_ banana:"

Schimm

Reaction score
Which step specifically? Like I mentioned before there is nothing that IDs either drive as the 'sd card' when your phone is viewed by your computer. There are only drive letters and folders and files under those drives before you execute PH98IMG the first time. There is nothing to say this is the sd card. Now if you are talking about the path to put the file when you are viewing your phone through something like ES file explorer, that would be mnt/sdcard/ext_sd. When you are viewing with solid explorer then the path is internal memory/sdcard.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, once you are in my Computer screen, you will see the drives of your computer "do not plug in the phone yet, so as to not confuse YOU", now place your pointer over those drives, I have two drives showing, one is C and the other is D, it was partitioned like this from the factory "vendor I purchased PC from", C is my main drive, once I place my pointer over it it says space free: and Total size: , now you can also see what is inside the drive by right clicking on it and choosing Open or Explore, once you connect your phone and chose USE AS DISK DRIVE on the phones screen, move the green check mark from the charge only option to the hard drive option and click DONE on the phone, give your PC at least 30 sec to recognize the drives, once they are recognized it will show two extra drives that where not there previously, do the same as you would do with your PC drive, on my PC once I connect my Rezound this is how my Drives show up. HTC STORAGE (G) and Removable Disk (H) , G is the HTC internal drive and H is my external Micro SD card that is installed in the phone. you can also find out by just checking to see what is inside each drive, by doing so you can figure out which is the internal and which is the external, this is not so complicated.

Schimm

Reaction score
on my PC once I connect my Rezound this is how my Drives show up. HTC STORAGE (G) and Removable Disk (H) , G is the HTC internal drive and H is my external Micro SD card that is installed in the phone. you can also find out by just checking to see what is inside each drive, by doing so you can figure out which is the internal and which is the external, this is not so complicated.

Note the distinction between HTC storage and removable disk only occurs after you have run the update. Prior to that you just have drive letters. Also note that if you use es file explorer and place the file on the 'sd card' root it will be in the wrong place.

BAMA74

Reaction score
42a8f765-e78c-e27b.jpg

sent from my HTC Rezound

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will have two additional drives when you connect your phone, one will be your SD card and the other the phone storage internal card, ans use the file utility I mentioned, it is easier to understand what file is where. Plus you can just right click on each of the additional drives that show up on your pc screen and go down to Explore, it will show you the size of the drive and how much is free and how much is occupied, or you can just click on Open and see the actual files on the storage device, so if you have pictures on your phone I am sure they are on your external SD card, that will give it away and now you will know which drive is your external SD card.