iPhone Fanboy Insults

bL33d

Reaction score
So I quietly sat my phone down with a sigh. It's just a phone, but man, some people can be so obsessed with those iphone's that it borders on being ridiculous.

I always tell iPhone lovers that the iPhone is a great phone, that my 94 year old grandmother uses one, and she loves it! "Hey, not everyone is computer savvy, and can handle multi-tasking, instant notifications, flash... It's great that Apple released a phone for the computer illiterate"....

Usually shuts 'em up.

You win man that's nice stuff right there. I use to have an iPhone and my biggest gripe was not being able to do what I wanted to with my own phone well that and only having edge service sucked.

Droid owns iPhone and they know it why u think there so defensive.

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
this kind of reminds me of the xbox and ps3 war. the 360 was the reigning champ but now the ps3 is getting gnar exclusives and is gonna pass up the 360. The iphone was cool but now its the droids time to shine. :motdroidvert:

Shel

Reaction score
One more thing.

I live in Los Angeles, and yesterday, I'm having lunch with my eleven year old at a restaurant, and he says "Hey dad, there's a 7 year old, with her own iPhone! (He's dieing to get a phone, but me being the mean 'ol dad, I don't believe 11 year olds need a cell phone).

So I ask him how he knows it's hers, and that she's not playing on her mom's iPhone.

He points out that her mom has her own iPhone!

Sure enough, I turn around and look, and there's a very small girl, playing on her iPhone, while her mother is talking away on HER iPhone. (and no, it was NOT an iPod Touch. My son has that, and he can tell the difference)

Now, how "exclusive", how much of a status symbol (not that I get phones for their status, but believe me, in this town, that's what motivates most people) is a phone when 7, 8, 10 year olds have 'em???

Frankly, I've never been tempted by the iPhone, mostly because I don't want to switch to AT&T, but also because once something becomes "fashionable", I head in the other direction.

And in THIS town, I swear, it seems 3 out of 4 cell phones are iPhone!

"Wow... is that an iPhone???? Yeah, my 5 year old niece just got one, and SHE loves hers!!!"

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like the parent is not parenting.....Maybe an 11 or 12 yo....5? 7? no way.

dos

Reaction score
I have a Droid and my husband has had a iPhone 3GS for about 5 months. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I almost find it funny how everyone sterotypes all iPhone owners into elites fanboys. Then all Droid owners are sophisticated, computer saavy, tech junkie types. Hate to tell you, both phones are easy to use, anyone that can turn on a computer can use either phone. The iPhone is perfect for him with corporate email and folders, and he travels a lot(Midwest) so uses it also for itunes. I travel on and off too and go to NYC and San Fran about once every 3 months so wanted to stay with Verizon(been with them for about 6 years). ATT service here in St Louis is actually very good. This hole iPhone vs Droid thing is like Mustang vs Camaro, be happy with what you chose and don't worry about what someone else has.

kenkamm

Reaction score
I am a long time iPhone user, and it's a great device, no question. Probably still the leader for the average user. But I switched to the droid because I want some flexibility, and I wanted something different to look at.

Tell your iPhone friends to fire up Pandora, then with it running in the background, surf the web.

Also, have them load up a forum page in full screen landscape view, and show them the fact that the smallest text on the page is easily readable on the droid, not the case on the iPhone.

Click the lock button on your droid and show them the fact that you don't have to unlock the screen just to see if you have any missed calls or emails. Heck, we don't even have to push a button - we have the nifty little LED.

You could also show them a few of the nice widgets available and ask them how to get widgets on the iPhone home screen if they'd like a quick view of their calendar or the weather. (And there's no app for that, not allowed by Apple.)

Finally, create a folder and put some commonly used apps in it. Ask them how to do that on their iPhone. (Apple's app store isn't going to help them there either.)

Oh here's a nice one... ask them to show you how to display their favorite picture as their background on the home screen. Oh, your iPhone is stuck with a black background? Bummer. (No app for that? Oh...)

(Most of these shortcomings can be fixed on the iPhone with a jailbreak, but the average iPhone user is not likely a jailbreaker.)

Echo3

Reaction score
Also, put on a movie and show them they dont have to deal with the letterbox issue as iPhone's get when watching a movie in full screen.

irishdroid

Reaction score
The iPhone is perfect for him with corporate email and folders, and he travels a lot(Midwest) so uses it also for itunes.

I have the Droid and I travel a lot, FREE google maps with spoken turn by turn. I also have corporate email, btw, did not cost me extra, I only pay the 29.99 data plan. itunes, i have a ton of music on my Droid downloaded not transfered from my PC, funnny thing is Android Market has an app that lets you search and download music, but, it does not cost .99 cents a song. Droid is winning the war imho :icon_ devil: