iPAD ruins Android's chances if you ask me...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The iPad sold like crazy NOT because it is such a great product, but because Apple is a marketing genius and has a huge loyal army of Fanboys (and girls) who buy ANYTHING that Apple puts out.

M

Matth3w

- Call someone with your iPad
- Change the keyboard, music app, messaging app, theme with your iPad
- Overclock your iPad
- Drag and Drop music to your iPad without bloated iTunes
- Store some files on your iPad like a USB stick
- Take some pictures with your iPad
- Swap out batteries on a long trip with your iPad
- Swap out SD cards on your iPad
- Get a good 3G signal everywhere with your iPad

And I won't add it to the list but can you change your wallpaper on an iPhone/iPad yet?
The iPad is not meant to be a phone so all the things I bolded are irrelevant when you have a jailbroken/rooted phone with tethering.

I don't need to change batteries on a long trip, because the battery life destroys any other major device that I have. Yesterday I did the following at full screen brightness:

- Unplugged the iPad from a charge and kept it on all day just on standby since 8am
- Surfed the internet and downloaded apps via WiFi for an hour at Starbucks while waiting to go to the airport
- Played two hours of games (Scrabble, Flight Control, Ten Pin Bowling, etc) with my wife while sitting at the airport
- Surfed the net for 30-45 minutes at the airport
- Downloaded 250MB worth of apps at the airport
- Watched a 2 hour long movie on the first leg of my flight
- Surfed the internet, checked emails, surfed the app store, and played games with my wife for an hour between flight connections
- Played Dungeon Master 3D for 2 hours on the last leg of my flight
- Played games, messed around, listened to music for the 1:15 trip home from the airport while my wife drove...got home at 1230am (230am from the timezone we left) so it was on for 18 hours on standby when not being used as described above

At the end, my battery life, even after syncing my iPad to my home computer, is still 53%.

I don't need to change any themes or anything. The iPad works 10 times better than anything I own Android related (phone, two Archos tablets), so there is no need to overclock either. It works just fine the way it is. Plays 3D games a hell of a lot better than my overclocked Droid.

The iPad sold like crazy NOT because it is such a great product, but because Apple is a marketing genius and has a huge loyal army of Fanboys (and girls) who buy ANYTHING that Apple puts out.
I hate Apple, and I can still admit this is an awesome device. I can bet most people knocking them have not even owned one. I said all these same things before I bought one.

Gremlin

Reaction score
You can't expect to play 3d games on a droid... it is not going to look that good in my opinion.. :p

Here are my reasons for knocking out an ipad.. ( a family member has it and i saw it and I do not see a need for it)

1) Sorry I do not see any thing innovative about it .. did not like steve comment about it. His comment was just to bring his fanboys to buy it..

2) I see it as a big version of an Itouch/Iphone.. Nothing new..

3) You cannot write on it (correct me if I am wrong).. I would like to write and it pick up my handwriting.. why would I want to type..

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

It doesn't have to be innovative to be better. I didn't think I had a use for it but I ended up selling my laptop, ereader, and movie player. Its obviously not something you will use to type huge documents, but my backpack I use for traveling now weighs next to empty with all the crap I've gotten rid of

Gremlin

Reaction score
I am just saying his words of the product that irks me.. it is like false advertising for me.. makes sense?

M

Matth3w

I am just saying his words of the product that irks me.. it is like false advertising for me.. makes sense?

Not really, to me. I don't let marketing affect my purchasing on anything. I decide for myself. If I let marketing influence my purchasing id be poor from all the **** offered on commercials and advertisements

smokiedabong

Reaction score
WTF is Netflix and Hulu and why would I want to watch those on my mobile phone ? I could not care less for those .
I played with an iPad for a day and it simply doesn't meet my needs , it's useless to me . In my opinion , if it wasn't so slow , WinMo could be the best mobile platform out there .Still with enough resources it can run pretty good .
Google didn't failed and the iPad isn't a killer because not everybody needs a trendy device that can be used even by a monkey with half the features and functionality of other similar devices .

Xaneth

Reaction score
you'll be back dude, once apple gets its ass stomped by droid. once they open up flash, its game over. who wants an ipad? a giant tampon that can only do one thing at a time, and cant even make a phone call? i guess you havent seen some of the offerings by asus, a tablet that can run chrome o/s, android or windows. with a 10.1 inch screen, muti-tasking, nvidia tegra2 chip... smokes the specs of the ipad already. apple will have to come out with new devices every two weeks to even TRY and keep pace.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

M

Matth3w

you'll be back dude, once apple gets its ass stomped by droid. once they open up flash, its game over. who wants an ipad? a giant tampon that can only do one thing at a time, and cant even make a phone call? i guess you havent seen some of the offerings by asus, a tablet that can run chrome o/s, android or windows. with a 10.1 inch screen, muti-tasking, nvidia tegra2 chip... smokes the specs of the ipad already. apple will have to come out with new devices every two weeks to even TRY and keep pace.

Specs and speculation...mean nothing. Open up Flash? Give me a break. Flash is overrated. It was before the iPad and it is after. Also, the more they bump up specs and whatnot, the more the battery life decreases.

M

Matth3w

Oh, I haven't left droid anyhow. I never said I did. I still have my Droid, I use it to tether my iPad.

Xaneth

Reaction score
- Call someone with your iPad
- Change the keyboard, music app, messaging app, theme with your iPad
- Overclock your iPad
- Drag and Drop music to you
The iPad is not meant to be a phone so all the things I bolded are irrelevant when you have a jailbroken/rooted phone with tethering.

I don't need to change batteries on a long trip, because the battery life destroys any other major device that I have. Yesterday I did the following at full screen brightness:

- Unplugged the iPad from a charge and kept it on all day just on standby since 8am
- Surfed the internet and downloaded apps via WiFi for an hour at Starbucks while waiting to go to the airport
- Played two hours of games (Scrabble, Flight Control, Ten Pin Bowling, etc) with my wife while sitting at the airport
- Surfed the net for 30-45 minutes at the airport
- Downloaded 250MB worth of apps at the airport
- Watched a 2 hour long movie on the first leg of my flight
- Surfed the internet, checked emails, surfed the app store, and played games with my wife for an hour between flight connections
- Played Dungeon Master 3D for 2 hours on the last leg of my flight
- Played games, messed around, listened to music for the 1:15 trip home from the airport while my wife drove...got home at 1230am (230am from the timezone we left) so it was on for 18 hours on standby when not being used as described above

At the end, my battery life, even after syncing my iPad to my home computer, is still 53%.

I don't need to change any themes or anything. The iPad works 10 times better than anything I own Android related (phone, two Archos tablets), so there is no need to overclock either. It works just fine the way it is. Plays 3D games a hell of a lot better than my overclocked Droid.

The iPad sold like crazy NOT because it is such a great product, but because Apple is a marketing genius and has a huge loyal army of Fanboys (and gir
I hate Apple, and I can still admit this is an awesome device. I can bet most people knocking them have not even owned one. I said all these same things before I bought one.

so now youre trying to justify the amount of $$ you spent on it to yourself? just wait, and the next new slate destroys the ipad for less than half the cost. there are an expected 50 slates coming out using android this year.

M

Matth3w

Where am I trying to justify the amount I spent? I don't need to justify anything. I was responding to someone else's post, pay attention and learn to read.

Just wait for some crappy WinMo7 ported device to come to a slate. Awesome. Can't wait to navigate start menus and whatnot with a touch screen. And I've had Android tablets, as well, and nothing compares to the iPad so far.

I have owned two Android tablets, the iPhone, the Droid, and now the iPad. Can you even say you have owned those?

All you people are doing is speculating. No one here even owns one that I have seen so far, so everything you say is just conjecture and regurgitation of others' opinions.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Just wait for some crappy WinMo7 ported device to come to a slate. Awesome. Can't wait to navigate start menus and whatnot with a touch screen. And I've had Android tablets, as well, and nothing compares to the iPad so far.

I have owned two Android tablets, the iPhone, the Droid, and now the iPad. Can you even say you have owned those?

All you people are doing is speculating. No one here even owns one that I have seen so far, so everything you say is just conjecture and regurgitation of others' opinions.

:laugh: WinMo slates existed way before the iPhone wasn't even an idea in Steve Jobs head . WinMo is even more advanced than the Android , the only bad thing about it is the resource needs .

If you owned all those devices doesn't mean that you know how to use them or know what they can do , maybe you found the iPad easier to use . But I guess you won't be using the iPad for console connections to program routers .

M

Matth3w

And WinMo is a **** operating system for running a simple device.

Xaneth

Reaction score
also why did they go with 1024x768 anyway? why didnt theybjust bump it up a notch to support 720p (1280x720)? such an oversight for a media rich experience. out of the box with major wifi issues. think they pushed the release too quickly with too many limitations. all the mac freaks in a frenzy, its funny to watch them defend it so. "oh its the 3rd party router thats the problem". 99.999% of the routers in homes are these 3rd party routers. its hilarious to watch. oh and speaking of regurgitation, i do rather enjoy a good puke.