iPAD ruins Android's chances if you ask me...

Weapondrift

Reaction score
I think that and being a resource hog was WM's weakness. WM will always be my first love. Its not that I hate Apple its just that I hate how its designed and I wont get into Steve Job's ethics (or lackthereof). In simplicity Apple gets it hands down, however in multitasking (which IMO buisness people use alot of...I know I do) Apple fails at that.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
multi tasking is coming this summer..3 years late..
why is it that Apple waits so long to realease things that users need/use/want? I.E. mms which took what...three years? Again, im not complaining but just sceptical about their buisness practices...which seem a little "shady"

Gremlin

Reaction score
They do not want to put flash because it is too buggy .. that is their excuse :p

warrior21

Reaction score
Have no real interest

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

M

Matth3w

So a bunch of people that have never owned one are commenting on it as if they have had one since the day it released. Awesome.

warrior21

Reaction score
So a bunch of people that have never owned one are commenting on it as if they have had one since the day it released. Awesome.
To me it makes about as much sense as saying Androids chances are ruined because Apple released another product.

warrior21

Reaction score
I know you didn't say it personally, I was just making a point that none of it makes any sense to me. It wasn't directed at you personally, just adding on to what you said. Sorry it came off that way.

armeddroid

Reaction score
my brother owns one and an iphone. He loves it.
Not surprised, tho.
I am going to demo one over the weekend to see what the hype is all about.

Xaneth

Reaction score

Went to the Apple store the day it was released to check it out. Not impressed.

As many have mentioned, tablet PC's have been out there for a long time. I've worked with models as old as the Panasonic CF-21. It's nothing new, like Apple is trying to deceive everyone with.

As a gamer, I need resources, power and the ability to upgrade, which Apple does not have. I like to be able to change my battery, Apple, no-go. Steve Jobs is a blowhard. For the longest time, he said he's never go to Intel, he was saying they would stick with RISC. He lied, they use Intel. The apps are locked down, not open source. Controlled by iJobs. All he sees is green when he's promoting this crap. Sorry, but I'll take my 8 button mouse over the Mac's single button, whatever-the-hell.

Keep in mind you're on an Android fourm. You can't expect anything less. Are you expecting people on this forum to put their Droid down and go get an iPhone and iPad? Can you recompile your kernel on your iPad? No, you can't. If you want to build an app that expands on an app by another developer? No, you can't.

Flash sucks? Hm... 80% of sites on the internet use Flash. So you're just going to ignore 80% of sites that use this technology and it's OK? Flash development on Android will use the GPU for rendering, making battery drain a non-issue. And it will open up a world of applications. If Apples implementation of Flash, when it comes, isn't better than that, they are a bunch of no-talent ass clowns. Apple is trying to silence Flash users because they would lose market share in their iStore. There is no other reason, it's not because of battery life, everyone knows this, I'm surprised you don't.

iPhone sold 1 million units in the first 74 days. Motorola Droid sold 1.05 million in the first 74 days. Be prepared to get pwned. This isn't speculation, it's based on specs and facts and I'm entitled to my opinion, just like everyone else on this forum is. Go preach on an Apple forum.

Xaneth

Reaction score
If it was up to Apple, the only innovation would be Apple innovation. Most people appreciate a controlled experience because they want a device that's easy, not powerful and flexible and open. It's sad to watch really.

Concerning gaming, you can't even upgrade your video card on a Mac. The only games they support are old games like UT2003. They're way behind the hardware curve.

M

Matth3w

Went to the Apple store the day it was released to check it out. Not impressed.
So after all your hot air in this thread you ONLY saw it for the first time today? ROFL

And of course you didn't go into it with an open mind, either.

BTW we aren't talking about the iPhone or Droid this is about the iPad. Which, btw, sold over 600k in just the first week.