iOS isn't done yet

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
iphone_7_plus_vs_pixel_xl_800home_thumb800.jpg

Long time Android fans finally felt vindicated once Android overtook iOS in the smartphone wars here in the states. But just as the celebrations began iOS seem to be recovering to retake the lead. In a war for the smartphone customer this two horsed race continues to see both platforms jostle back in forth with the lead.

With Apple bringing in more android like features and the issues with Samsung's Note 7, HTC and LG's unimpressive showing last year, and Google's Pixel not being able to separate itself from the pack, people were willing to jump on what they felt was the safe bet despite the iPhone 7/7 plus catching heat for its removal of the headphone jack.

As a tech fan I am cheering inside because that mean that Android manufacturers are going to have to do even more to grab customers resulting in better Android phones which equates to better iPhones and a win for customers of both platforms.

Source: Galaxy S7 dominates holiday sales, but Android loses ground to iOS in the U.S.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You left out Android becoming more ios of old like in its walled garden.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah, I can see this happening. We were an Android family from day 1, mainly because that was Verizon's only option. However this past Christmas my college age son that ROMmed to his hearts content, switched sides. Apparently most of the guys in his fraternity have iPhones and peer pressure prevailed. After a couple weeks he's good, misses the free tethering but other than that he thinks that Apple does Google well. I have also been thinking about trying the fruit phone since I do just use a stock phone anymore and want to see if I'm missing anything. Well until the Note series returns anyhow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Yeah, I can see this happening. We were an Android family from day 1, mainly because that was Verizon's only option. However this past Christmas my college age son that ROMmed to his hearts content, switched sides. Apparently most of the guys in his fraternity have iPhones and peer pressure prevailed. After a couple weeks he's good, misses the free tethering but other than that he thinks that Apple does Google well. I have also been thinking about trying the fruit phone since I do just use a stock phone anymore and want to see if I'm missing anything. Well until the Note series returns anyhow.

As your son said... "Apple does Google very well".... this is so very true! I switch to Apple after the Note 7 drama and I am very happy with the switch so far. There is no lag and very rarely do I have an app force close or not work properly.

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I work in IT and have to deal with iOS devices. My daughter has an iPhone and an iPad and I'm sorry, but iOS is infuriating to use. It'll be a cold day in hell before I move over.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
As your son said... "Apple does Google very well".... this is so very true! I switch to Apple after the Note 7 drama and I am very happy with the switch so far. There is no lag and very rarely do I have an app force close or not work properly.

Uhhh....shouldn't you change your screen name?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I work in IT and have to deal with iOS devices. My daughter has an iPhone and an iPad and I'm sorry, but iOS is infuriating to use. It'll be a cold day in hell before I move over.

This. I'd sooner sell my soul to the devil.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not to say you guys are not true to your stance, but I have seen many of people say the same and years later end up with iPhones.

The old saying never say never.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I say "not ever" then?

I like both platforms to say the least. But if I had to say more, for a worry free usage, it just works device, go with IOS.

If you want to tinker, and do some really cool things, that may cause instability issues, or get a new device that won't break the bank, or a flagship that has speakers on the front, with two screens, go with Android.

Gremlin

Reaction score
Not to say you guys are not true to your stance, but I have seen many of people say the same and years later end up with iPhones.

Sorry Have Ipads and I hate it.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

but is it apple doing google well? or Google doing apps on apple well? Google seems to know what's up with usability, maybe making the apps is really their forte

Uhhh....shouldn't you change your screen name?

We've been over this in another thread :D

Sorry Have Ipads and I hate it.

Agree 1000% Only ever bought 2 apple devices ever, the first was an ipad for an ex back in 2005, the second was the iPhone 5 to resell, bought it for 400 sold it for 1,000

NEVER going to own an apple device unless it somehow becomes the only option

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Maybe true for others, but not for me. My Apple hate goes wayyyyyyy back to the 80s. A friend's wife had the original Macintosh and spoke as if it was the best machine ever. I used it and thought it was the biggest pile of a machine I'd ever used.

My Apple "all show and no go" hatred started then and has only become bigger over time. I can happily say that company has never received a dime of mine in the form of revenue.

I do own their stock though. With the kind of blind. brainwashed following they have, you'd be crazy not to!!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Maybe true for others, but not for me. My Apple hate goes wayyyyyyy back to the 80s. A friend's wife had the original Macintosh and spoke as if it was the best machine ever. I used it and thought it was the biggest pile of a machine I'd ever used.

My Apple "all show and no go" hatred started then and has only become bigger over time. I can happily say that company has never received a dime of mine in the form of revenue.

I do own their stock though. With the kind of blind. brainwashed following they have, you'd be crazy not to!!
I had one too and actually loved it. It was way better than my Commodore & my IBM put together. The thing spoke to you for cripesake! Makes you wonder why it took Apple so long to perfect Siri. Which btw ls still inferior to Google Now & Amazon Alexa! That said, it was the only Apple device I've ever had & will ever have.
I won't bother too say why & hurt the crapple fans. It's simply not for me & I'm fine with that.

S7 Edge tap'n