Android, iOS, RIM All Tied In America

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

These Nielsen charts that were just published give us a good view of how Android is performing in America. The chart indicates that after December, Android, iOS, and RIM all have similar market share. The next few months will determine who comes out on top. Nielson Research Company predicts that Android will take the lead this year and by December, we’ll see a new chart that’s more Android “optimized”.

I don’t know if they took into consideration that Apple is bringing their iPhone 4 to Android’s home turf (Verizon), with expected sales number around 11 million in a month. That sounds like something that could drastically change the chart.

All this makes for an interesting year in smartphone land. The competition we shall see is good… Why? Because we win by getting better plans, lower prices, better build quality and more.
Source (Latest Nielsen Survey Shows Android, BlackBerry, iOS Tied for US Smartphone Lead | Android Phone Fans)

Last edited by a moderator:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This proves, imo, that apple will be around for awhile if they are able to stil remain stable all this time then they will do fine. Android will eventually stable off but continue to grow and blackberry continue to fall as android continues to build devices to take the place of the blackberry. But until android or apple can make a business device as secure and truly able to add the email capabilities as the blackberry, I expect rim to be around as the ultimate business device.

Big Ry

Reaction score
anyone notice how apples figures are almost sinusoidal? lol its like the apple fanbase as a whole is bipolar... "i want an iphone!", "no, not this month", "ok, its been 2 months, im getting an iphone!", "crap, im broke".

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, now I've learned what "sinusoidal" means. Kind of.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I never liked my BB, but somewhat sad to see the dramatic fall. The handwriting is on the wall (not quite DNR...yet). But the BB is every bit the iconic symbol of the business world in the 2000's, almost like the Bull on Wall & Broad.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Well, now I've learned what "sinusoidal" means. Kind of.

47c503ed-a6a6-7348.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk