Inverted apps... what's missing?

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
I'm trying to install the inverted calendar and it dose not install. The apk shows in system app but no app in the drawer. There are no specific instructions there so I assumed it was .zip to be flashed through recovery.

You're correct, both versions of the Inverted Calendar attached in the OP of the Inverted Calendar thread are update zips that are flashable from recovery. I had no trouble whatsoever with flashing either of them and having them work perfectly.

Was your prior version of the Calendar called CalendarGoogle.apk or Calendar.apk? If you have a CalendarGoogle.apk in /system/app, delete that and reboot and see if the inverted calendar works then.

If that's not it, perhaps just try installing the Calendar again, and make sure you also have CalendarProvider.apk in /system/app.

mik3_cl

Reaction score
Ya I had looked before for that "google" on the calendar name as Ive had that prob before. But this the dardest thing, the calendarprovider.apk is there in sys/app along with the caledar.apk I flashed. No calendar is installed. Says its there with root explorer so I'm guessin its not the zip or the app. Any other ideas? I'm a little stumped on this one.

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Ya I had looked before for that "google" on the calendar name as Ive had that prob before. But this the dardest thing, the calendarprovider.apk is there in sys/app along with the caledar.apk I flashed. No calendar is installed. Says its there with root explorer so I'm guessin its not the zip or the app. Any other ideas? I'm a little stumped on this one.

Have you tried running Fix Permissions?

mik3_cl

Reaction score
ya they were right. I even tried putting my original calendar provider in with it, no go

mik3_cl

Reaction score
okay, I got the inverted calendar working but there is a giant orange bar covering the top? Is that coming from my framework?

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i did not read all pages,lol but how about the yahoo mail app from the market,the official one.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
i'd second that one

Yahoo would be nice. Only part I dont like about it is the font size, I use Handcent most times and its pretty nice with my custom setup on it I can read nicely even on my older smaller droid1. I say that cause im legally blind. But I do have yahoo installed and I use it to send pic's to yahoo messenger since handcent dont work to yahoo users.
i'll put a pic up tomorrow to show which one. I think I have the icon on homescreen 6 of launcher pro then I'll get a snapshot of the app open.

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
okay, I got the inverted calendar working but there is a giant orange bar covering the top? Is that coming from my framework?

I have no idea where the giant orange bar is coming from, but I tested both of the posted calendars and I don't have it. The top of mine looks like the posted pics in the OP of the Inverted Calendar thread, on both the unthemed and themed versions.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
bear with me ec.. im either getting ready to kill someone or figure out the issue i am having with the bootlooping. grrrr im frustrated. 4 hours doing something (and still not working) on something ive done 100 times and takes less than 5 minutes.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ecsnead.. we are up to date now. all good.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Now, if we cold get an Admin to make us an inverted www.droidforums.net we would be in business...lol

listenman20

Reaction score
i've been in other forums where you could choose your theme...it is kinda nice

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
df themes

Ours does have 3 themes, unfortunately none are inverted.

click on userCP
then edit option on the left
now scroll to the bottom you'll find the dropdown.

Now if we all email and ask nicely maybe we can get him to add an inv
inverter%20brower%20showing%20facebook%20on%20my%20laptop.png
erted theme for us that like it that way.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10403/

Last edited: