GingerBread Gtalk.... 'INVERTED'

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Corinacakes spent many hours trying to get this highly used apk inverted and with a little help from me (and I am as computer saavy as a couch) we got it done for ya!.... So all the credit goes to Cakes for this, her time spent and her determination to get it working... It was quite the fun adventurous day for us... lol... so to anyone that has been wanting it........... I present to you our "INVERTED GINGERBREAD GTALK"...

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 193KB.
CAP201102202230.jpg
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x854 and weights 142KB.
CAP201102202233.jpg

The 2 links are for both update.zip and signed apk so install however ya wanna.. and although we know it works, it's only been tested on UD 3.0.1 for both of us so if you have any issues with any ROM, please let us know so we can fix it.... as always, make a good nandroid backup before flashing this since neither Cakes or I are responsible for your phone... Enjoy!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/invertedtalkupdate.zip <-- Update.zip style

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10789872/Talk.apk <-- Apk style (uninstall old one first)

http://bit.ly/gIZHkn <--Updated Version... install like a theme, in recovery

The update includes a few of ecsnead's png's (bubbles and borders) the rest I did.

We were so excited that we got it done, we didn't give it a thorough testing so like I said above, please let us know how everything applies, looks, etc.... and on a side note* Mad props to theBowers for his original inverted apks and many tuts he has made to help others fullfill their ideas as themers and not being selfish with his knowledge... Thank you man!

Last edited:

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice job!!! I was so hoping not to have to dig into smali again after messing with gmail!! thanks Cakes!!!!

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very nice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guys..... yeah smali blows.. lol.. Neither of us understand it and there is like 30,000+ lines of code in there but we found it and edited it a few times with errors.... then one last attempt and I didn't get any errors... sent it to cakes and she finished it up.... fun fun... :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you take out the conversation bubbles for current chats?

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you take out the conversation bubbles for current chats?

No they're in the drawable-hdpi folder, I think she just kept them blacked out rather than with the chrome-ish outline... We threw it all together real quick after finding the smali line so I really don't know all those details..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
looks great on LGB1.3
thanks

I added the apk to the LGB.zip

now if I can figure out how to use your custom shades on LGB... (those are sweeeeet) I like yellow & superman <--- hint hint LMFAO

Last edited:
OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As of now, lgb devs have not fixed the issue... their SystemUI.Apk is pointing to #cc000000 instead of shade_bg...... Mbk found a way to decompile the Apk w/o errors so we can prob just fix it for them. I made a temp fix but its not 100% working yet.... when the rom gets fixed, or a themers fixes it, my pulldowns will work.... thanks man.... :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:woot: at my appearance in your screen shot! Haha!

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lmao.... yeah I was waiting for ya too notice that... I'm on cakes' and she didn't edit it very well.... Lol...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha! I don't care bro! The apk looks awesome btw!

Lmao.... yeah I was waiting for ya too notice that... I'm on cakes' and she didn't edit it very well.... Lol...

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP is updated with the newest version... credits are listed.....

jamba7

Reaction score
I'm strugglin'

Having troubles making this work. It opens up and everything but when I use any feature it FCs. I went into CWM and fixed permissions and rebooted and all of that. I have been trying so hard to get a dark version of Talk but it seems to be impossible for me. Someone please help!!!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Having troubles making this work. It opens up and everything but when I use any feature it FCs. I went into CWM and fixed permissions and rebooted and all of that. I have been trying so hard to get a dark version of Talk but it seems to be impossible for me. Someone please help!!!

Ok, try the update link in the OP... it's the one I use in all my themes and I haven't had any issues yet.. but the new gb apks have been iffy so some phones have issues.. the top one in the OP is the original one we made, but I edited some pngs and whatnot and made a new updated version... but I also had a bad link for it in this thread.. now it's fixed... lemme know how it goes.. it's an update.zip so flash it like a theme in recovery... http://bit.ly/gIZHkn actually, here is the link... :)

jamba7

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Could you possibly repost the gmail zip as well. Or a link will do I can't find it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums