Introduction- JimCT

JimCT

Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm a new Droid 3 owner (as is my wife)... we took advantage of the BOGO sale. We are Mac users but somewhat unhappy with the direction Apple is going. Truthfully, it was the qwerty keyboard that really sold us on these phones. So far they've been awesome save for one potential dealbreaker problem- the awful bluish pictures from the camera.

If I could fix that, this phone would be everything I need, but the pictures that we take, especially with flash on, are dark and blue. Is that a software issue that we can expect google or Motorola to fix relatively soon or is this a hardware issue that won't get better. I'd love to keep these phones, but only if that camera flaw will be fixed.

I hope to learn more about Android devices (starting with that camera issue ;) and maybe contribute some helpful info in the future. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Wife and I are Android + Mac users as well.

I think I remember someone saying that CameraFX in the android market could possibly help out with the bluish tinting.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, fellow DROID 3 user myself. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also be sure to visit the Droid 3 section of the forums.

And as Guidot said, CameraFX helps with taking that blue tint color away.

OP
J

JimCT

Reaction score
Thanks! I looked in the market and saw Camera Zoom FX. I also saw FxCamera. Is the app you use one of those? And does it really shoot quality pics with this phone? Do you have the blue tint with the stock camera too?

Sorry for all the questions..... but it's great to connect with another D3 user!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I looked in the market and saw Camera Zoom FX. I also saw FxCamera. Is the app you use one of those? And does it really shoot quality pics with this phone? Do you have the blue tint with the stock camera too?

Sorry for all the questions..... but it's great to connect with another D3 user!

Yes, I most people have the blue tint problem I believe. I'm pretty sure it's a software bug and should be fixed soon..er or later. But yeah, it does take the blue tint away for me, however I can't seem to figure out how to Zoom on it (FxCamera) and quality isn't quite as good. I'd recommend looking around at more camera apps.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
blue tint was a killer for me and why i wouldn't even consider the phone, hopefully its an issue that can be resolved with an update but somehow i doubt it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
blue tint was a killer for me and why i wouldn't even consider the phone, hopefully its an issue that can be resolved with an update but somehow i doubt it.

Since a market app can fix it i'm sure its an issue that can be resolved with an update.

end of line...

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a dumb flaw.. but luckily I very rarely take any pictures so it's non-issue for me. But at the same time, we shouldn't have to worry about it.