Retail droids could possibly ship with faulty cameras

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by shatteredzman, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Droidlicous

Droidlicous Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think alot of people are making a big thing out of something that is going to be easily fixed. The phone just came out and is going to have some bugs you have to give it time. :motdroidhoriz:

2. Zippster

Zippster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    And hopefully so, while the sky is definitely not falling, people being concerned with issues on their brand new $600 piece of hardware is definitely understandable. ;)

3. kennyg23

kennyg23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mine is clicking but i seem to get green most of the time

4. gardobus

gardobus Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only played with the camera a little bit. The video is amazing and the pics are okay but definitely out of focus and the app is really really slow. It is a small (and hopefully soon fixed!) price to pay for this amazing phone.

5. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +83
    I think the slowness of it has to do with the faulty autofocus part of the software code. I have had pics take really quickly and some take really slow.

6. tpdroid

tpdroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Just to clarify for those who dont'/can't watch and listen to the helpful videos...

The "clicking" sound is rapid clicking and could also be described as a "ratcheting" sound.

I only post this clarification because my Droid's camera seems to work perfectly but it also makes a small noise during initialization which could be construed as a "clicking" when the camera is initializing. It is definitely not that awful racket in the videos which no phone should ever make (unless it also comes with standard and metric sockets). But, I wouldn't want anyone heading back to the Verizon retailer asking about what I consider to be the "normal" initialization noise.

7. kev83202

kev83202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never had my focus turn green once, but some of the pictures look good. It seems that the focus is constantly moving, so if you snap the picture at the right time the picuture turns out good, if not it's blurry.

So I've been shooting 3 or 4 pictures of everything and hopeing one with turn out.

8. dweezle

dweezle Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The passenger side electric window on my new $280,000 Lamborghini doesn't close all the way. I really don't care, why??? Hell, the rest of the car seems okay and I can still drive it. I just can't drive it in the rain, or park it where the open window might draw unwanted entry. I mentioned it to some other owners and they said, if I'm going to let a small thing like that bother me, maybe I don't truly understand what a wondrous, complex technical machine my car is and should go back to driving a corvette. I must be a true wimp.:soapbox:

9. muzhik

muzhik Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    OnePlus One
    i guess it wasnt' properly **beta** tested before public release... i'm sure they will fix it but the question is WHEN.

10. jay80z

jay80z Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm with you guys. I tried using the app 'key ring' and I don't know what the hell is going. I try to get an image of a rewards card I wanted to scan but all i hear is a a series of mechanical clicks and the view finder is constantly in a state of perpetual focus.

It is annoying, but I am hopeful a solution will be available soon. If not, thankfully we are covered for 30 days.

11. sethmo

sethmo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine makes the same clicking noises in the video and seems to be hit or miss on focussing :/

Maybe one out of 20 tries will get the green box.

#59 sethmo, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  12. noles200

noles200 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On a mac? Use VLC Player. You can also download a plugin for Quicken to play .avi's but VLC is much better option.