Internet Connectivity While on a call? ? ?

keiichi25

Reaction score
The 3G symbol is for Data Networking.

And to be honest, if you are going to argue with the iPhone Nazis, don't.

In all honest opinion, the Droid is not 'better' than the iPhone overall. In honesty, they are actually head to head, on par. Both have quirks that the other one doesn't. And arguing about multitasking or being able to browse while on a call is much like two 5 year olds going, "My dad can beat your dad." sand box mudslinging.

If you really want to stand on the moral high ground, do what I do and some of the other people who talk about the pros and cons of the phones, point out where the flaws on BOTH sides of the issues and let people decide for themselves if this is what they want.

I literally tell some of my users that if you are happy with the iPhone, don't bother with the Droid. Why? No sense in making people think they need to get something they have to learn if what they are using now is fine for them.

As for the ones who switched, they switched for various reasons and we aren't going to tell you 'ZOMG, you have to have a droid or you are a LOSER'. That doesn't show the merit in the phone and of course, it doesn't necessarily give a fair and unbiased opinion that people, such as yourself, should be listening to.

In either case, people just have to ignore the ad hype and see for themselves what is 'important' to them. The ads' job is to convince you of something, but in the end it is YOU, the consumer who has to decide, "Is this more important than that?"

big erick

Reaction score
Well tell your buddies with the I-phones to actually take a trip somewhere and see if they can keep a call while being on the internet. today's ATandT, MORE dropped calls IN more places!!! LOL

OP
S

s3ntaur

Reaction score
Well I am happy with my DROID. It is F%$KIN great! !. I am a systems engineer for an I.T. Company and my boss and a few employees have Iphones so its been a constant battle since I picked up my droid. I was just trying to get some firepower. I appreciate all the input it defintily has been very helpful. We will see what the future holds.

BzB

Reaction score
vzw (and sprint) is CDMA and will eventually migrate to LTE. att and tmobile are gsm.

CDMA phones are not compatible with GSM networks and vice versa. edit: except for CDMA blackberry phones. when unlocked some CDMA blackberry phones can be used on GSM networks...with some limitations.

Actually, majority of VZW's phones are CDMA based, but they also have a few GSM based phones, namely their international usable phones like the Blackberry Storm, Storm 2 and the Blackberry 8830 World Edition, as well as one samsung phone. Verizon Wireless has Vodophone support for their European use, but only a few phones on Verizon's network uses the GSM and mostly for outside the US Market.

the phones you mentioned are CDMA based and GSM capable. the primary network they are intended for is CDMA, but they included the ability to use a sim for roaming GSM networks outside the US. if they are sim unlocked they will function over US GSM networks if you have an active sim card for a US GSM carrier.

and i agree about it being a waste of time arguing with iphone fanatics. their concern means the droid is a true competitor. :)