Unfair Question

elchucko

Reaction score
But I've got to ask. I'm currently trying out a Droid2 phone. My primary interest is connecting to the internet, wifi to my network, bluetooth to my pc and of course phone calls.
In downgrading to another less costly or free Verizon phone, that would have those capabilities(non-droid I expect), what phone would you recommend? Thank you

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cost as in the phone or cost as in the plan with smartphones?

pretty much anything on the internet with VZW, you want the unlimited data plan. and you mentioned tethering. i dont think any non-smart phones will do this..

everstar80

Reaction score
Are you not happy with your droid 2 or are you looking to save money? If you want it to have the same speed i don't know of any from the non droid line that will give you what your looking for. Even though the moderators are even more loyal to droid than i am but they are fair and more suited to know what might work for you so ask one of them. Hope you find what you're looking for.

OP
E

elchucko

Reaction score
My primary reasons for looking into this is the Droid 2 is physically "too big" for me. I'm just use to a phone that is smaller and lighter. The keyboard is too cumbersome for me (tiny keys, my fat fingers). The phone is too "slippery"...I also most lost the thing from my hand a couple of times. Is there a silicone type of cover of some sort available? I thought I would adjust to the phone but so far I have not. The phone has great features, many not available on a non-Droid so I'm not "bad mouthing" the phone;) I'd love to keep the phone.........

everstar80

Reaction score
Hmmm... i just started a thread about physical keyboards. I am over six feet tall and i have huge hands and the droid 2 allows me to type faster than any phone I've ever had. But everyones experience is different. As far as your phone being slippery, the Verizon store and online will have covers to make it not as slippery for you.

harv2000

Reaction score
There used to be several flip phones that would tether. No wireless or anything wonderful like that, but simple USB tethering was possible. Something to keep in mind is that the plan for tethering on one of those phones ends up being as expensive as having a smart phone. All the cost of a smart phone with none of the goodness of a smartphone, seems like a lousy deal to me.