1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Instant Rebate at Corporate store?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by woogyboogy, Jul 25, 2010.

1. woogyboogy

woogyboogy New Member

So, I'm looking at buying the X tomorrow at a Corporate Store, rather then a Wireless Zone store. The main issue right now is, my dad does not want to spend $600 for 2 phones (YES I KNOW THERE IS A REBATE), so technically it would only be $400, but the rebate would take at least 2 weeks. One of my friends told me that if you pay for the phone at a Corporate Store, rather than a store like Verizon Wireless Zones is that you get an Instant Rebate. If its possible to get an instant rebate at a Corporate Store, this would be 10x easier on my dad, knowing he will get an instant rebate, and it would only be $400 give or take right up front.

If it helps at all, my 2 year contract ended in April.

If anyone knows any info on this, it would be a tremendous help going in there with the knowledge of this.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

The corp store I deal with will credit my rebates to my account....YMMV on this.
  3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I think its hit or miss on instant rebates. Even at corporate stores. Ordering online is an instant rebate though.

Sent from my Droid using interplanetary communications that neither you or I could possibly understand. Cheers.
  4. Kato99

Kato99 New Member

Got mine from a corporate store on 7/22. It was $199.00 plus tax and no rebate.
  5. dougivks

dougivks New Member

picked up mine from corporate as well, and avoided the rebate. I'm on a business account though, that might have affected it.
  6. GoGoSmarty

GoGoSmarty New Member

The Retail stores in my area offered the credit card option.. I got my Droid X from the verizon website, which I got the instant rebate.. Remember, the folks at the stores make a commission so they gotta make all that money up front, plus they may charge you more for it as well. Gotta support a job.... If you want the instant rebate, I would suggest checking out the store first, or simply buy it online.. I paid $199 online om the 2nd day the phone was release... Plus I got it via overnight mail which is even better!
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010