Innocell 1500mAh Slim Extended Life Battery

zero7404

Reaction score
i just received this battery and placed in phone to charge. the packaging says first time charge for full 8 hrs. it also says max performance comes around after about 5-6 full charge cycles. so i'm going to run with this battery for a few weeks, should be done with conditioning in about a week ....

zero7404

Reaction score
Zero, does this 1500mah battery add any extra thickness to the phone's battery compartment? Or is it identical in size to the current manufacturer battery? I'm going to be buying the otterbox case for the droid 2, I just want to be certain that the case will fit my phone comfortably, if I ever decide to buy this battery.

i placed the battery in and the stock door closed fine with no added pressure. just like oem, so this validates your question ...

Reaction score
I bought 2 regular batteries bp6x (sp) for 5 bucks each on amazon, and a double sided battery charger that's will charge them both at once, having 3 batteries is insane, I only have to charge 2 of them twice a week, and I love not having the extra thickness from the extended battery/case. Id recommend just buying some og batteries for 5 bucks a pop and the charger for 8 I think it was... so much cheaper, and I love never having to tether my phone to anything to charge it, all wireless all the time

leobg

Reaction score
zero, how it is going with the evaluation - is this battery worth the money?

zero7404

Reaction score
ive only done a few trials but my charging opportunities are tied into my schedule which has been mostly running around lately ...

ive so far managed to leave the device on external power for about 3-4 hrs after full, 3 times so far.

ive had 2 trials so far of unjacking the phone@ 11pm, let it sit idle (battery profile set to turn off 3g after 15 mins) overnight. by 630 am the batt shows 60%, but thats after 2 alarms have sounded for about 5 mins (yea, im a heavy sleeper).

come in to work, listen to some tunein radio, data is on, by 1030 am im@ 20%.

so i am going from 100% to 20% in about 11-12 hours. but after charging again, not using the radio during the day, im usually running @ 50-60% after the same amount of hours

posted via android

zero7404

Reaction score
last topped it off @ 2:30 pm and unplugged. it has been 6 hours since, listening to music (from SD card), browsing, some email, some background data. i am @ 70 %.

just a reminder to those observing, my fone is rooted, i have setcpu profiles enabled and the phone is always underclocked (max 800 mhz) and i also have some bloatware and preinstalled services on my fone frozen using titanium backup.
i keep wifi/bt/gps off. brightness auto, and battery profile set to turn off data after 15 mins between 7pm and 7 am ...

just keep that in mind when comparing my power usage observations with what you'd observe on your device with the seidio 1500 mah batt.

overall i feel i may have gained an hour or so over the stock battery. considering cost and that verizon would sell me the bp7x with the door for just about the same as this battery, i'm feeling the seidio is going back for a refund. but gonna use it for a few more days and see how i feel.

zero7404

Reaction score
update:
since 2:30 pm yesterday it hasn't been plugged in. overnight there was no usage. so far it's been 18 hrs and the battery is at 40 %. that's better than the 11 hrs that passed during my last cycle with a battery level of 20 % ....

it appears that the alarms use quite a bit of juice, because this morning the alarm didn't sound (even though i had it set to go off).

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
639f42d8-a0b0-81fd.jpg

This is with very moderate use.
Samsung Fasinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

zero7404

Reaction score
639f42d8-a0b0-81fd.jpg

This is with very moderate use.
Samsung Fasinate

i hate viewing sideways photos on the phone, autorotate turns them wen i try to view them upright

posted via android

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Oh well you get the point you have to adjust settings to get better battery life (refresh settings) email,weather,sync,facebook,things like that.

zero7404

Reaction score
im back on the bp7x, decided to return the innocell.

interesting observation i made:

i bought something from ebags last week, decided i didnt like it and they gave me a return label& full refund when they get it back. seidio says no refund on shipping and i pay out myself to send it back AND i only have 7 days to do it.

anyway, im loving the excess battery potential and want the fone to fit fine in my case so i didnt use the door. not crazy about getting lint/dust inside the phone but i clean and spray air all over about once a week so i figure ill be ok with this small truama shocker ... he he

posted via android

Kimo91

Reaction score
I would love to get this battery cause this standard battery now sucks.

Sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2