Innocell 1500mAh Slim Extended Life Battery

Batfan.com

Reaction score
seidioonline.com

Anybody use one of these yet with their Droid 2/Droid 2 Global? Been looking for a review and could not find one.

Just got my Droid 2 Global and the battery life sucks.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
For $49.99, you can get the extended battery and raised door from Verizon/Motorola. Wanna say its 1800ish mAh instead of 1500. Stock on a D1 was 1390 so that's not that great of an improvement IMO.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
For $49.99, you can get the extended battery and raised door from Verizon/Motorola. Wanna say its 1800ish mAh instead of 1500. Stock on a D1 was 1390 so that's not that great of an improvement IMO.

DroidForums junkie!!

I'm assuming I'll have to get a new case then as well? I've just got RocketFish Snap on Case

zero7404

Reaction score
the biggest problem with the bp7x is many quality cases made for the phone will not snap on properly.

this 1500mAh battery is the same profile as the standard bp6x, making it more attractive than the bp7x if you use a fitted shell/case with the phone.

i see many good ratings in the store section, but no reviews. with the bp7x i was getting around 24 hrs from 100% to 20%. i get about the same with the bp6x, but shortly after the 20% mark the battery drains quicker.

i wouldnt mind having the innocell if it buys me another 2 or so hrs, thats all i really need.

sent via wireless device

zero7404

Reaction score
so anyone using this battery? welcome some opinions on its performance, cell quality and charging, temps, etc ....

sent via wireless device

zero7404

Reaction score
i decided to buy this battery. so i'll be the guinea pig here. any overheats or cheapness will be noted in this thread. 'if' their claims are correct, this should be a good replacement for the bp7x moto battery ...

Reaction score
i decided to buy this battery. so i'll be the guinea pig here. any overheats or cheapness will be noted in this thread. 'if' their claims are correct, this should be a good replacement for the bp7x moto battery ...

Gotta love a guy who is prepared to take one for the team. :icon_ banana:

CC

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks ...

they have a 30 day policy. my testing should only last a few days tops. if battery diminishes within 6 months, its under warranty.

if it lasts me a year or longer i'll be happy. it should net me at least 2 more hours of use.

Herndon

Reaction score
In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full.
um....? does this make sense to anyone, cause that just doesn't seem right to me

zero7404

Reaction score
In order to obtain the full capacity of your Seidio battery, we highly recommend that you leave the battery/your phone on the charger for an additional 2-3 hours after the charging indicator turns green or the battery status shows full.
um....? does this make sense to anyone, cause that just doesn't seem right to me

not sure what you mean ... ? some battery cells need conditioning ... i am looking to charge every day and a half, so i would leave the phone plugged in overnight.

i assume this doesnt need to be done every time.

sent via wireless device

Herndon

Reaction score

not sure what you mean ... ? some battery cells need conditioning ... i am looking to charge every day and a half, so i would leave the phone plugged in overnight.

i assume this doesnt need to be done every time.

sent via wireless device
See i can understand conditioning but they do make it sound like every time. Now I do normally charge over night so it doesn't really matter. But it makes me wonder if the phone can read this battery's charge level correctly.
If this battery really is good then I will gladly get it to have the slimmer effect. Cause I would love to have otterbox but not sure I want to part with my extended battery to do so

Sent from my new fangled phone using something called and app

zero7404

Reaction score
i too thought twice about parting with the extended battery because i felt the added capacity and it was nice not being jacked into an outlet often. but i don't really hear great things about seidio so i'm taking a chance to see. if the battery gives me any doubts in the first week, it's going back and i'll be back on the extended battery. this case actually flexed just enough to snap on the phone properly with the extended battery installed, which i also liked.

as for otterbox, i think they're a brand that's been overblown. there are some other cases out there that do just as good a job. to my surprise the black textured verizon case has worked pretty well for me, no rubbing when i slide it open, secure fit and haven't broken a tab yet (i remove and reinstall the case often to clean up the phone/case).

i had the otterbox for the d1, it was nice, but the covers over the port/jack i don't really care for anymore so long as the buttons i press often are covered.

Reaction score
Zero, does this 1500mah battery add any extra thickness to the phone's battery compartment? Or is it identical in size to the current manufacturer battery? I'm going to be buying the otterbox case for the droid 2, I just want to be certain that the case will fit my phone comfortably, if I ever decide to buy this battery.

zero7404

Reaction score
@ mark,

from the item description, it appears the battery is same size as stock bp6x....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If you get the extended batt from motorola/verizon, and want a case on it, you just leave the battery cover off. Then it will work with any case. The extended battery without a cover is flush with the original battery with the cover. The minimal change in maH is so small for this battery, i wouldnt bother, the one from verizon only gives you roughly 33% more life, i wouldnt spend money for a <10% increase.