Seidio Extended Life Batteries coming

lowtech

Reaction score
Seidio - makers of good replacement batteries - is bringing out 2 extended life batteries for the Eris in January...

seidioonline.com

The downside is that they are offering free shipping until Dec. 31st - but that will not cover a pre-order. Call me cheap, but...! :)

Is anyone planning to order one of these? I am... but which one? Slim - or slightly bulkier with longer life?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it looks anything like the extended battery for the Droid, I would pass. That thing is ugly as sin!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it looks anything like the extended battery for the Droid, I would pass. That thing is ugly as sin!

What's ugly... the replacement back?

Yes, and I mean God awful ugly. This is just my opinion of course, but I think that it ruins the look of the phone. It looked like a large brick was hanging off the back of the Droid.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score

What's ugly... the replacement back?

Yes, and I mean God awful ugly. This is just my opinion of course, but I think that it ruins the look of the phone. It looked like a large brick was hanging off the back of the Droid.

How did it work with that external keyboard?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of it:

2lbp283.jpg

2coj1p1.jpg

hv9aqc.jpg

I can't say how it works with the hard keyboard since I didn't purchase one. These pictures were enough to turn me off.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh ny gosh! That IS ugly!

The replacement door just looks so...cheap. As streamlined as the Eris is, I would hate to mess it up with something like the above. Even though the Droid looks kind of boxy, that thing just doesn't fit.

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
Interestingly there is no image on Seidio's site for the larger battery... I love the size of the Eris - coming from a Treo it's quite a treat! - and I don't want a big lump - even one with long battery life. That will be the deciding factor for me!

Bobby J

Reaction score
Omg!

That is fugly. I would rather carry a plunger in my pocket than that thing. That picture is a joke, right?

Bobby J

Reaction score
Options

Until we get a battery fix, for about $30 you can just buy an extra battery and slip it into your change pocket on your jeans. That will give you plenty of time to find a computer to plug your usb cord into that you conveniently stashed in your backpack or purse.

bad05gtt

Reaction score
ive been on seidios web site as im sure many of you have and it states that the 3500 battery will only add 3 to 4 mm to the phone. i dont think the 3500 and the new battery door will be anything close to the pictures shown. it will @ the very least make you buy a new case for your eris. im leaning toward the 1750 myself but time will tell !