Incredible's battery life is not incredible

secgeek

Reaction score
i'm getting good battery life, actually incredible battery life.

i took my phone off the charger at about 2:00 this afternoon, and i'm still at 66% right now. i did some music streaming(with the display on the whole time), maybe 30-45 minutes of it, sent and received a couple of texts, and i kept waking it up every so often to check battery life.

66% left after 8 hours is ok with me. 4.25% an hour seems good.

Can you please do me a favor... can you open up settings, about phone, battery, battery use and see if the time since unplugged is accurate??? Mine is way off by like 4 hours.... I also have not plugged the phone into an outlet just USB (my droid has never been plugged into a wall so I don't think thats the problem)...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

i took my phone off the charger at about 2:00 this afternoon, and i'm still at 66% r

Can you please do me a favor... can you open up settings, about phone, battery, battery use and see if the time since unplugged is accurate??? Mine is way off by like 4 hours.... I also have not plugged the phone into an outlet just USB (my droid has never been plugged into a wall so I don't think thats the problem)...
Did you try downloading spare parts from the market and seeing if that might show you what might be eating up your battery?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep.... Nothing abnormal compared to my droid..
Maybe try getting a replacement? Or talking to a verizon tech support?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

secgeek

Reaction score
Im going to give it till Monday... See how it holds the next few charges.. Then I'll return it to best buy

jasonb

Reaction score

i took my phone off the charger at about 2:00 this afternoon, and i'm still at 66% right now. i did some music streaming(with the display on the whole time), maybe 30-45 minutes of it, sent and received a couple of texts, and i kept waking it up every so often to check battery life.

66% left after 8 hours is ok with me. 4.25% an hour seems good.

it's been accurate for me so far. i have been charging it plugged into the wall. it hasn't been plugged into my computer yet, FTP server FTW!

robdroid

Reaction score
Easy fix!!!! Drop the $40 bucks and grab the Seidio slim extended life battery 1750 MAh. Thats more juice then the Droid offers! I ordered mine last night!

Interesting! But Guys i seem to recall a 2100Mah Battery for the Incredible or was it the Eris?? I'd pay for a 2100Mah and enjoy the 70% more life!

jamjr74

Reaction score
Took my HTC off the charger at 9am and have been using it all day moderate-heavy. Just hit 26% on battery indicator. Not the best but not much worse than my Droid!

jasonb

Reaction score
mine seems better than my rooted and overclocked droid.

rweckhoff

Reaction score
If you're experiencing battery drain with the Incredible - remove the Flickr account from your accounts. Flickr (based on observations using SpareParts) is keeping a wake clock on the Calendar app. In a nutshell, the Incredible will not sleep and the calendar app will suck battery and cpu.

secgeek

Reaction score
If you're experiencing battery drain with the Incredible - remove the Flickr account from your accounts. Flickr (based on observations using SpareParts) is keeping a wake clock on the Calendar app. In a nutshell, the Incredible will not sleep and the calendar app will suck battery and cpu.

I turned all syncing off for Flickr... I could care less about my contacts streams... (one of my reasons for buying the incredible was so I can take a shot, upload to flickr geotagged and use those coordinates to geotag my film and dslr shots)..

According to SPareParts my calendar under partial wake usage has only used 11 seconds of battery life.

davido

Reaction score
the battery works

Got my Droid Incredible charged up and played with it most of the day. Lasted 12 hours. 96% percent of usuage was operational. So far I am very happy with it.

opengeo

Reaction score
Battery certainly isn't good and is worse than the Droid, but I haven't had any disaster stories like some of those in this thread.

kenny1244

Reaction score
i plugged in a memory card thursday night, plugged my phone in all night, and unplugged at 8am Friday (yesterday). at 11am, noticed that the phone was still trying to access/program/something the SD card and my battery was in orange. I took out the card, did a soft reset, but the damage was done and by 2pm, my phone was turned off.

today, 2 hours after unplugging it, i'm at 90%, but i've only used it to check the weather, send a couple tweets (with the AMAZING Twitter app), and pop off an email. if the phone doesn't hold an all-day charge through the weekend before i even load music onto it, back to Verizon it will go.

secgeek

Reaction score
i plugged in a memory card thursday night, plugged my phone in all night, and unplugged at 8am Friday (yesterday). at 11am, noticed that the phone was still trying to access/program/something the SD card and my battery was in orange. I took out the card, did a soft reset, but the damage was done and by 2pm, my phone was turned off.

today, 2 hours after unplugging it, i'm at 90%, but i've only used it to check the weather, send a couple tweets (with the AMAZING Twitter app), and pop off an email. if the phone doesn't hold an all-day charge through the weekend before i even load music onto it, back to Verizon it will go.

I'm on the 3rd full charge this time wall charged. Unplugged at 8am and so far 60% after some pretty decent usage. Surfed tweeted used maps. Uploaded some pics to Flickr. If this lasts till 8pm then I'm good. Will order the seido 1750 and call it a day.

Using it now to post this.