Incredible's battery life is not incredible

opengeo

Reaction score
Unplugged phone at 9AM, or so. Moderate usage so far today. Phone is at 75%. I'm fine with that. With the Seidio battery, this will no longer be an issue for me.

mlkramer

Reaction score
another batt horror story....charged all night, unplugged at 7 am...dead by 11:00 am. Nuthing unusual other then swapping to a larger card.

I'll also give it till monday before visiting verizon store. Own iphone as well for work phone so battery is gonna have to be much better to justify this thing.

secgeek

Reaction score
Update for me. 3rd charge. Unplugged at 8, used pretty heavily battery was at 23% by 6pm. I'm ok with that. Just ordered the seido.

Frunkis

Reaction score
How big is the seido battery? Do you need a new backplate? How different does the new backplate look from the stock HTC one?

opengeo

Reaction score
How big is the seido battery? Do you need a new backplate? How different does the new backplate look from the stock HTC one?
No new back plate. Seidio battery is the same size as the stock one. WIll likely add 15-20% to your battery life.

bigtony

Reaction score
Just ordered the Seidio, I was definitely getting at least 25-30% more battery life out of the Droid:motdroidvert:

jasonb

Reaction score
took it off the charger at 10:45 this morning, and right now (8:47PM) i'm still at 56%. i'm perfectly happy with that.

OP
T

tempo

Reaction score
...remove the Flickr account from your accounts. Flickr (based on observations using SpareParts) is keeping a wake clock on the Calendar app

rweckhoff -- I did this and have had a pretty good experience today, so thanks for the suggestion.

Granted the phone has been mostly idle, but here I am 10h 47m later I am at 83%. :)

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
...remove the Flickr account from your accounts. Flickr (based on observations using SpareParts) is keeping a wake clock on the Calendar app

rweckhoff -- I did this and have had a pretty good experience today, so thanks for the suggestion.

Granted the phone has been mostly idle, but here I am 10h 47m later I am at 83%. :)

hmmm

i have flickr setup,but not syncing.. i wonder if that matters?? anyone?

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
So I've took my Incredible off the charger at about 1:30pm, I went to work, checked my phone every now and then, sent a few texts. Played Pandora for about half an hour. Played KO Boxing for 15 minutes or so. And its about 1:45am and it just now went to yellow. I will probably eventually upgrade the battery, but I think some people have over exaggerated the "poor" battery life.

kmo

Reaction score
For you guys with battery issues have you had smartphones before? These things use up battery life like a computer. If you are running a lot of multiple items yea the battery will be working hard. If I find that mine isn't enough life for me I'll just get another battery, easy fix....

tracerprix

Reaction score
I'm having battery problems and I have had a few different smartphones. This is by far the worst phone I have had for battery life, yet the best everything else phone. My blackberry would last at least 2 days. The incredible doesn't usually last till 2pm from being plugged in all night and unplugging at 9am. I plugged it in about 2 pm and unplugged at 4pm and it died again at 9pm. I used the phone very mildly.

I also had an omnia for a couple of weeks but can't remember the battery life 100% but I know it never died on me during the day.

I do plan on buying the extended battery from verizon once it comes out. Until then I plan on charging it a couple times a day.

I do not have any flickr accounts setup or anything like that. All I have it my gmail pushed to my phone, the htc email setup to sync every hour. Also I have the htc weather sync every hour. That's about it. I am new to android and do not understand it all yet, but in my battery usage screen it shows only like 4 things running. android system, cell standby, phone idle and display. Right now I have been unplugged for 2 hour and it is already down 15% with me only checking my email this morning once and me looking at the battery info.

It might be me, but I don't think this battery is big enough for the phone.

rushmore

Reaction score
What do folks expect with a 1300mah battery running:

1. 3G
2. Sense & widgets
3. 3.7" higher res screen
4. Apps running in background
5. Whatever you may be doing: calls, surfing, videos, games, social netting, pictures, etc
6. 1ghz chipset
7. 3D operations
8. Audio- obvious, but still sux battery.
9. GPS- if you are using it

Get a bigger battery, when available. Still doubt a battery at same size lasts longer (no more than 10% and this assumes the OEM battery is poor). They are the same tech. Inc battery does well for all it has to run.

Last edited:

blvck_scvle

Reaction score
I just got my Incredible yesterday...bought the phone and it was working when i left verizon at about 40% got home and charged it...took a quick half hour nap and checked on it...It wouldn't turn on and when i had it plugged into the wall the amber recharge light wasn't even on so I wasn't sure if it was getting a charge...went back to the store and switched the battery out and it was working again...now i'm having the same problem where the battery died and i have it plugged into the wall and the red recharge light isn't on...any suggestions?

rushmore

Reaction score
I just got my Incredible yesterday...bought the phone and it was working when i left verizon at about 40% got home and charged it...took a quick half hour nap and checked on it...It wouldn't turn on and when i had it plugged into the wall the amber recharge light wasn't even on so I wasn't sure if it was getting a charge...went back to the store and switched the battery out and it was working again...now i'm having the same problem where the battery died and i have it plugged into the wall and the red recharge light isn't on...any suggestions?

Seems like it is not charging. May need another charger.